CAO
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Customized Decals

Hi All-
    Just ordered a custom Ventana and would like to put a different name sticker on the top tube. I seem to remember someone on this board that has the ability to make them. If you are still on this board please pm me I'd like to pay ya for a set or two. And if you don't have time to make them could you let me know the font / format so I could order them locally.
    Thank you much
    Tomac 98Special in Classifieds

not so super...
    Check with d-rock otherwise I have some other contacts for you.

CAO
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Thank you ssinga

zod
    Southern Fried mUni
    I posted this a while back.....is that what you saw?

One of a kind Ventana

CAO
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zod
    I posted this a while back.....is that what you saw?

One of a kind Ventana
    Nice ride Zod. I had seen that when you had originally posted but there were a couple others that used the same font / format as the stock Ventana and that was what I was after. thanks to all that responded, decals have been ordered too.

mtbr member
    For those whoe are looking for some, it would be nice to share what's available.
    Former Homer...Ventana convert: extreme poseur!

zod
    Southern Fried mUni
    The guy that did my stickers could easily mimic the Ventana font. He some for a friend of mine using the Turner font and they came out super pimp.

Shovel Ready
    JNCarpenter did mine.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

Proud lame eBiker
    I remember someone had a custom set of downtube decals done with a chrome highlights instead of the normal white outline of the letters.

Anyone remember who did those? I thought those were killer....
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Team Fearless Descender
    Internal, wasn't that D-Rock that did the chrome?

JNCarperner did two sets for me. Red, White, and Blue, and a Skull and X-bones.
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Dec 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by El Salt
    Internal, wasn't that D-Rock that did the chrome?

Yeah, he was..Got Chrome?

But he only teased us about coming back with info for getting some ourselves!

Decal Tease!
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Hey guys,
    I do all types of custom decals as well. You can see a lot of my work in the turner forums and here in my temporary website while I rebuild the main site. http://web.mac.com/rufusphotography
    I have the ventana font ready to go for you.
    Shoot me an email at rufusphotography@mac.com

I also have the chrome vinyl in stock.
    RUFUSPHOTO
    Action Sports Freelance Photographer
    www.ryancathrall.com

Shot Down in Flames...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciclistagonzo
    Yeah, he was..Got Chrome?

But he only teased us about coming back with info for getting some ourselves!

Decal Tease!

Sorry, I had a several PM exchanges and thought I had posted. Anyway, I did the actual current frame graphics for Ventana. I have permission from them to do the customs, so if anyone wants them, Teresa has my contact info or e-mail drock007 at go dot com.

D.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Rock
    Sorry, I had a several PM exchanges and thought I had posted. Anyway, I did the actual current frame graphics for Ventana. I have permission from them to do the customs, so if anyone wants them, Teresa has my contact info or e-mail drock007 at go dot com.

D.

I remember those decals looked really sweet! I may have to order me some of those.

This may have come up before but I cant remember. Does anyone know why Ventana doesn't clear-coat over their decals? This would make a lot more sense in my book considering the aesthetic quality in our frames. I would love to do somthing like D-Rock's chrome decals with clear-coating over the top. Just my .02 cents though.

Proud lame eBiker
    Ventana's theory on not clearcoating the decals is this(from what I remember): By leaving the decals uncleared it allows the user to rip off the old ones and slap new ones on every few years making the bike look all pretty and new.

Also no way to clearcoat those decals on the powdercoat. If it was a wet paint they could use different decal medium and clear right over it, but who wet paints anymore?

Not sure if anyone has figured out a decal that could withstand the heat cycle powdercoating goes through.
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14
    Ventana's theory on not clearcoating the decals is this(from what I remember): By leaving the decals uncleared it allows the user to rip off the old ones and slap new ones on every few years making the bike look all pretty and new.

Also no way to clearcoat those decals on the powdercoat. If it was a wet paint they could use different decal medium and clear right over it, but who wet paints anymore?

Not sure if anyone has figured out a decal that could withstand the heat cycle powdercoating goes through.
    I think Ibis uses some decals which can be clearcoated over in this fashion, but I see your point about being able to change out with new ones every so often.

Map Maker
    anybody have pictures of their custom stickers?
    Richmond, VA
    Ra-MORE mtb club

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Phase
    I think Ibis uses some decals which can be clearcoated over in this fashion, but I see your point about being able to change out with new ones every so often.
    Yeah, or just run it nekkid like I do. I would be pissed if they were painted on.

IMO, Transition Bike Company has got it right - they offer a whole sticker KIT that allows the end user to do what they want with the graphics.

Members who have read this thread: 0