mtbr member

Cross Post - Turner Sultan and Ventana El Capitan

I currently own a DW link Sultan, but am looking to add a Ventana El Capitan (2009) to my stable.

This style frame (not this exact bike) :

Those who have ridden both or have knowledge, what are the biggest differences between the two? Can you compare and contrast?

Would the Ventana be any "racier" or are they essentially the same type of bike by different manufacturers?

Thanks for the input!

mtbr member
    I guess what I am trying to ask is....set up with 100 mm travel front and rear, would the El Capitan be a decent XC Race bike, or would it be too heavy?

Mmmm Rocks Good
    Feb 2005
    I think as a XC Race bike it might be a bit heavy? I love my El Cap! I have it set up AM though 5x5 and beefy cuz I am! I love mine for rocky, creepy crawly stuff. I am on a XL if that helps? Great bikle, but not sure about using it for racing?
    Big, strong, rock crushing, IPA drinking, big hit bike rider!

Neg reppers r my biatches
    if compelled to get a FS for so called XC racing (would endurance racing be included?), the El Rey more gooder than capitan for that purpose, though El Rey still overlaps with Sultan to the extent where with identical components, i cant imagine there much of a "difference" in general. then again, some say i am an idiot so what do i know?