Villalobos

Ciclón and Fox Gonzo help

I decided to fit the Fox Gonzo air valve into my RP23 the valve is about 2mm from the frame, very difficult to fit the air pump, and already made a nick to it. I want to fix this by grinding the valve with a mototool or try bend a bit the valve. Anybody had this problem? any help will be apprecited
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

gonzo

in my experience with the gonzo, it has been possible to angle the valve in towards the body of the shock to increase clearance with the seattube. this is done by loosening the bolt and changing the angle.

good luck!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    check the pics on this thread...kind of hard to tell, but the valve is not parrallel with the body of the shock, it angles in towards it.

Adjusting RP23 on El Saltamontes

what size of frame do you have?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uinta
    check the pics on this thread...kind of hard to tell, but the valve is not parrallel with the body of the shock, it angles in towards it.

Adjusting RP23 on El Saltamontes

what size of frame do you have?
    ....agree, I have one installed and turned towards the body of the shock. No problems with the position but still quite tight in there. No quick air in/out. My frame is a 23" El Cap.

zod
    Southern Fried mUni
    Is the clearance going to be different on different ciclon frame sizes? I'd like to get one of these so I can turn my shock back around forwards but I don't wanna drop 25 beans to have it not fit. I'm running a 17" btw. Thoughts.....?

Villalobos
    Quote Originally Posted by uinta
    in my experience with the gonzo, it has been possible to angle the valve in towards the body of the shock to increase clearance with the seattube. this is done by loosening the bolt and changing the angle.

good luck!
    Thanks, really. There is plenty of clearance with the saltamontes. by the way, My Ciclon is a 17"...The housing shoulder has a square edge that prevents turning it towards the body of the shock, I will try to move it a bit to the inside of the shock, if that doesn`t works I will grind the shoulder with a mototool, let see what happens, I´ll keep you posted