Just A Mountain Biker.

CCDBA on an El Terremoto fit?

Sorry, search is broken.

Does anyone know, or has anyone successfully mounted a CCDBAir on a 2009-ish El Terremoto? Does the air can clear the seat tube through the travel? That's really my only concern, I know the can is huge. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    26" isn't dead, it just got FAT

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaklabl View Post
    Sorry, search is broken.

Does anyone know, or has anyone successfully mounted a CCDBAir on a 2009-ish El Terremoto? Does the air can clear the seat tube through the travel? That's really my only concern, I know the can is huge. Thanks!

Really? No one has? I find that very hard to believe.

mtbr member
    I asked here a while back about putting the CCDB Air on my X5, but didn't get anything either. I ended up calling Cane Creek and Ventana and neither were sure if it would fit. Cane Creek did give me dimensions of the shock, it looked like it would be a very tight fit, if at all. I wasn't willing to test it.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Really? No one has? I find that very hard to believe.

Well you have to remember, as "Big" as MTBR is to us, it's a relatively small sample of actual owners/riders of Ventana's. We do know that the Coil fits, Do we know the dimensions for that one? Then compare it to the dimensions for the Air. We could at least hazard an internet guess!
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

Team Chilidog!
    Depends on your situation. The can itself wasn't an issue for me, it was the shock mounting point. This is on the 2012 Ciclon. I never had a problem with the CCDB on my XS X-5.

I have a very small frame, so the DBair didn't fit. The new CCDB doesn't fit either, because Cane Creek added more material to the area at the ends. However, if you have a larger frame, it should fit.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

Just A Mountain Biker.

Thanks all, not worth taking the chance it won't fit. I prob would never use all the adjustments anyways.

What compression tune would I need on a monarch plus? Medium? I have the stroke figured at about 2.7:1?

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    Depends on your situation. The can itself wasn't an issue for me, it was the shock mounting point. This is on the 2012 Ciclon. I never had a problem with the CCDB on my XS X-5.

I have a very small frame, so the DBair didn't fit. The new CCDB doesn't fit either, because Cane Creek added more material to the area at the ends. However, if you have a larger frame, it should fit.

OP states in the first post, 2009 Terremoto and didn't we have an entire lengthy thread started by you that was all about how the the DB Air can WAS the issue? Anyone here running a DBair?
    -Aaron G.

Just A Mountain Biker.

Aaron can you answer my compression tune question above? Should have started a new thread.

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciclistagonzo View Post
    OP states in the first post, 2009 Terremoto and didn't we have an entire lengthy thread started by you that was all about how the the DB Air can WAS the issue? Anyone here running a DBair?
    Yeah, but I wasn't sure if the OP saw it, and I was so frustrated I couldn't remember the air can being the issue or the mount points. Oh well.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Aaron can you answer my compression tune question above? Should have started a new thread.

I believe the Tmoto was close to 2.8 -2.79:1( 160mm travel, 2.25 stroke shock.) I couldn't find the Compression tune chart on the Rock Shox website. So whatever they recommend for the suspension ratio.
    -Aaron G.

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Just wanted to drop an update;

Got a very nice email from the man himself, Sherwood, that the CCDB-A WILL fit on my medium Terremoto. He did mention that the clearance between the ST & the shock body would be about 1cm, so may need to run a band clamp front derailleur. Not an issue for me as I am running 1x10 for now, but good to know the caveats up front before plunking down the $$.

Thanks!