mtbr member

CCDB on an X-5 with 6" rockers?

I did a quick search and didn't see this specificly stated, but did see quite a few Ventanas with the Double Barrel. Does it fit with the 6" rockers and not contact the down tube with the reservoir? From the measurements on the Cane Creek site, it looks close.

I'm thinking about going with the air version when it becomes available.
    Last edited by OldHouseMan; 10-09-2011 at 07:03 PM.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    I did a quick search and didn't see this specificly stated, but did see quite a few Ventanas with the Double Barrel. Does it fit with the 6" rockers and not contact the down tube with the reservoir? From the measurements on the Cane Creek site, it looks close.

I'm thinking about going with the air version when it becomes available.
    The 7.75 x 2.25 fit mine fine. It's a really great shock, and I'm looking forward to the DBair coming out and seeing people's experience with that.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women
    DJ parts for sale

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. I contacted Cane Creek and it looks like the CCDB Air will be released in January 2012.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    Thanks for the info. I contacted Cane Creek and it looks like the CCDB Air will be released in January 2012.
    Are you doing the coil or the air? The coil was really impressed, but daaang.. that's a heavy shock with the coil.

Thanks for the head's up on the release date. My birthday's in February, so the timing is perfect.
    DJ parts for sale

ventanakaz
    i wonder if the CCDB air would be a better shock for my la bruja than my fox DHX air 5.0 btw needs new oil and seal, The thing leaked oil since day one when i traded in my terremoto for the la bruja, And found out the day i traded in the terremoto it had a crack at the BB seat tube area. i must of cracked it at north* so what do u guys think fox or crane creek ? ...ralph
    i need to ride more. building jumps takes to much time...my other hobby is kicking the crap outta my home built mook jong.

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1962 View Post
    i wonder if the CCDB air would be a better shock for my la bruja than my fox DHX air 5.0 btw needs new oil and seal, The thing leaked oil since day one when i traded in my terremoto for the la bruja, And found out the day i traded in the terremoto it had a crack at the BB seat tube area. i must of cracked it at north* so what do u guys think fox or crane creek ? ...ralph
    CCDB hands down. Haven't had any good luck with Fox rear shocks. Currently running a Monarch Plus on my Ciclon--husband is running a Monarch on his X-5.

With the Bruja, you're not concerned about weight, so go CCDB all the way.
    DJ parts for sale

CAO
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I am real impressed with the ccdb on my 140mm bruja/ciclon mut. Very control damping to the point that it out shines the pushed pike out front. Check with the brain trust for clearance on the x5 it will be close. Sherwood dimpled a couple of our downtubes to clearance hese big reserviour shocks. Unfortunately the ccdb will not fit on a gen 1 bruja, i am still trying to fit a current shock to the gen1 witch and hope i can get a vivid to clear that big downtube.
    Tomac 98Special in Classifieds

No known cure
    The only problem I've had with my first gen CCDB on my custom numbered EC is that the low speed adustment knobs will eat two holes in a water bottle.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales