Proud lame eBiker

Bruja V 2.0 Reborn

Rebuilt the Witch!
    Avalanche massaged Totem.
    Hammerschmidt.
    Trying the new Highroller II in the back, interested.

Looking forward to riding her again.

The story is is that the normal crew that goes to Whistler this year is a few guys short, and they are the more go-for-broke riders. So this year, I figure I'll build up Bruja and possibly take her to Whistler to push myself a bit riding it compared to the rest of the group on their full on dh sleds.

Test run this Sunday at Northstar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bruja V 2.0 Reborn-brujarebornjpg.jpg  

www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    tell us about the geometry you endedup w/ the Totem
    breezy shade

fai
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Very nice.
    AJR

Proud lame eBiker
    67.5 is what I came up with.
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Proud lame eBiker
    A little carnage. Always the last run. Overshot a drop. Back week got hung up in a hole upon re-entry. Compressed then rebounded hard and knocked me over the bars head first. Had fun making dust angles and talking to the birdies tweeting around my head for a while.
    Flat spotted rear wheel.
    Scratched purty new bar.
    Bent hanger. Luckily didn't rip der in two.
    Botched grips.
    Strange extreme cable mark on left side of top tube.
    Helmet and mouth full of dirt. Thank god for full face helmets and for wearing a full set of overkill gear. New Leatt Adventure Suite as well as a GPX.
    Smashed right hand. Nothing broken, just smooshed into the ground hard.
    Left forearm.
    Right hip
    Right rib age/back scrapes.
    Yeah, it was an earth shattering re entry!

Pros: hammerschmidt is really stellar!
    Fork handled everything I could give it. The harder I pushed it the better it felt. Although still stung my hands a fair amount!
    Shifting was excellent in the back too.
    Bike fit was spot on.
    I could whip this bad boy anywhere I wanted. It just rocketed off the lips!
    E.13 flat pedals. Insane wide platform. Great traction.

Cons: fork too stiff. Got to adjust it and try to get it to offer better small-medium sensitivity.
    Rear brake vibrated and howled like mad. 203mm rotor and sintered pads...
    2.4" rear and 2.5" front tires might not be up to the task, for my weight.
    Got to slam seat onto top tube as even 1" up felt in the way at times.

Pretty stoked. Got a little work to do but I think Bruja will be seeing a lot more dirt time soon!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bruja V 2.0 Reborn-e09b7334-cced-4a6d-8151-014be933a787-10200-00000d28b4266c58.jpg  

Bruja V 2.0 Reborn-6ae84b58-4f2c-488e-92b2-da9ddce36d11-10200-00000d28c0d45c51.jpg  

Bruja V 2.0 Reborn-601939ba-a4d7-4fd7-86b4-5768dd9223dd-10200-00000d28d312ac64.jpg  

Bruja V 2.0 Reborn-b391810d-4426-4461-a5b8-4f6066089350-10200-00000d28effaeb79.jpg  

fai
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    No broken bones is always a bonus after a big off.
    AJR

Ultra Ventanaphile
    What jump/drop did you get hung up on? No setback seatpost?
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

Lightly salted
    Heal up, and go get revenge on that trial!

Proud lame eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciclistagonzo View Post
    What jump/drop did you get hung up on? No setback seatpost?
    The wooden drop/step down on Lower Mineshaft I think it's called. The lower mountain. WE always hit it on the run back to the trucks. It's a blue run, but that sucker is steep and you go sailing if you hit it with anything more than walking pace. Halfway down, about ten feet, the wood ends and it turns to dirt. Well, of course the dirt gets dug out as people drag back brakes and cause the back wheel to dig a divot into the dirt just as the ramp goes from wood to dirt transition. I launched, back wheel landed in the divot. Over the bars I went. Crunch!

And yeah, no seat post with set back because I'm not pedaling this thing up any hills....Seat slammed.

But, yeah, that Hammerschmidt makes it pretty tempting to try and make this thing a bit more pedal-able.....

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14 View Post
    The wooden drop/step down on Lower Mineshaft I think it's called. The lower mountain. WE always hit it on the run back to the trucks. It's a blue run, but that sucker is steep and you go sailing if you hit it with anything more than walking pace. Halfway down, about ten feet, the wood ends and it turns to dirt. Well, of course the dirt gets dug out as people drag back brakes and cause the back wheel to dig a divot into the dirt just as the ramp goes from wood to dirt transition. I launched, back wheel landed in the divot. Over the bars I went. Crunch!

And yeah, no seat post with set back because I'm not pedaling this thing up any hills....Seat slammed.

But, yeah, that Hammerschmidt makes it pretty tempting to try and make this thing a bit more pedal-able.....
    I know exactly the wooden drop you are talking about. I'm guilty of rolling it, but! I don't touch the brakes until I'm almost to the rocky section well into the flat. Too chicken to launch it, and now I know I won't! .

Seat Slammed makes sense, no need for setback. Pedal-able Bruja, scary thought. 170mm of Monster bike!
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

Team Chilidog!
    Geez Myke glad you're ok.

We saw people launch it yesterday. Man they were sailing! I did the go around but Russ rolled it.

This isn't on our Ventanas so I won't post pics here. We rented DH bikes yesterday (my Cuervo is in the rebuilding phase).
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women