Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    31

    BO issue w/ Bruja

    Hi there!

    I own a 2007 La Bruja that cannot get the full shock travel because the tire touches against vertical tube before bottoming out.

    Is it a regular issue in this frame? Iíve switched to a 500lbs spring from a 450lbs in my CCDB and the only improvement is that I get a more reasonable sag (25-30%) that w/ the softer spring. I tuned the hi speed compression closed all the way in but the tire still touches the frame when dropping.

    Does anyone know any solution for that? Shock size is 7.875 x 2.25

    Thanks for your help

  2. #2
    The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Reputation: mtnbiker4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,642
    Call Sherwood..........

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    571

    If you do have an '07 Bruja...

    you should be using an 8.5" x 2.5" shock (6" fully compressed), not a 7.875" x 2.25" (5.625" fully compressed). The rubbing tire might be a minor annoyance compared to the seatstay bridge or shock reservoir slamming into the frame tubing on bottom-out!

  4. #4
    Ultra Ventanaphile
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    3,341
    I'll second that.. If it's a '07 Bruja, then that's the wrong shock. Otherwise haven't heard any issue of a properly equiped shock having that issue. Post a pic anyways.
    -Aaron G.

    "Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by albeant
    you should be using an 8.5" x 2.5" shock (6" fully compressed), not a 7.875" x 2.25" (5.625" fully compressed). The rubbing tire might be a minor annoyance compared to the seatstay bridge or shock reservoir slamming into the frame tubing on bottom-out!
    Ok, I understand that, maybe I'm using the wrong shock.

    Anyway, if I'm using a shorter shock and the tire already touches the frame, won't it be even worse when using a longer stroke shock?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    571
    No, the correct shock is still .375" longer when fully compressed.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by albeant
    No, the correct shock is still .375" longer when fully compressed.
    Ok, I get it now. It has longer stroke but it is longer too, sorry for the question

  8. #8
    Ultra Ventanaphile
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    3,341
    Quote Originally Posted by toponoto
    Ok, I get it now. It has longer stroke but it is longer too, sorry for the question
    Dude, ask away, it's what the board is for!

    Also if you were running a 2.25 shock you shorted yourself 20mm but also slacken out the geo quite a bit. So when you get the right shock for it, expect a change in the geo, it will be steeper, but the rear tire will not hit the Seattube anymore.
    -Aaron G.

    "Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciclistagonzo
    Dude, ask away, it's what the board is for!

    Also if you were running a 2.25 shock you shorted yourself 20mm but also slacken out the geo quite a bit. So when you get the right shock for it, expect a change in the geo, it will be steeper, but the rear tire will not hit the Seattube anymore.
    Yep, I expect some steeper geo but nothing that Saint Totem can't deal with Anyway, climbing abilities will improve big time; now climbing on a rockie trail is a pain in the ass since pedals are constantly hitting the rocks and front end is always wheeling.

    Thank you guys for the help!

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.