Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Neg reppers r my biatches
    Jan 2004

Anybody sporting a Chubie?

Who, if anybody, is using an avalanche chubie on their MoFo? Best shock I ever had as its idiot proof (ie, Fo Proof) in terms of set it an forget it....and it aint too common which is cool.

What shocks work? Obviously the Fox, and I know the Ghey Creek Double Barrel, and I hear not the Roco, but what about an Avalanche? I would have LOVED to have moved the Avalanche over from the GheyFX but it wouldnt fit the Moto as the Moto utilizes a bigger Chubie of course

Thanks in advance, b!tches

Homey don't play that!

Yes I'm sporting a chubie

But lately I've been riding a lot trying to get rid of it.
    [SIZE="2"]Old age and treachery will always win over youth and exuberance. [/SIZE]

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauliemon
    But lately I've been riding a lot trying to get rid of it.
    I knew once there was a post talking about Chubies you would be the first to reply

So dude, you are an insider, yay or nay on the Chubie/MoFo combo?

Homey don't play that!
    You are talking to a guy who runs a Fox Float R.

In my mind they could all be better. Frame makers have taken rear suspension to it's limits. Now it's time for shock makers to step up with better dampers.
    [SIZE="2"]Old age and treachery will always win over youth and exuberance. [/SIZE]

Jan 2004

In my mind they could all be better. Frame makers have taken rear suspension to it's limits. Now it's time for shock makers to step up with better dampers.
    If you find out if the Chubie will work (ie, reservoir not hit downtube like Rocco) that would be great....anyone?

Homey don't play that!
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    If you find out if the Chubie will work (ie, reservoir not hit downtube like Rocco) that would be great....anyone?
    I haven't been told to move anything because of a Chubie. But that doesn't mean that it fits. Call me on Monday. I don't work weekends.

Jan 2004
    I haven't been told to move anything because of a Chubie. But that doesn't mean that it fits. Call me on Monday. I don't work weekends.
    According to Sherwood, you dont even work during the week....you just physically show up!

thanks...

Homey don't play that!
    According to Sherwood, you dont even work during the week....you just physically show up!

thanks...
    He only keeps me around because I'm pretty.

Shot Down in Flames...
    Sorry to break up you two's elephant walk, but shouldn't it be "Chubbie"?!

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    1. chubie

the more acceptible way to say b!tch infront of parentals and teachers.

Originated from text messaging screwups.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    1. chubbie

A big pulsating boner, an erect phallus

I'll stick to my Double Barrel.

D.

Homey don't play that!
    Freakin' LOL D, LOL!

CAO
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    the chubbie should fit fine. i'm still bummed that the dhs did not fit my old bruja. oh well, figures that it has sat on my shelf for over a year now... the reservoir on the chubbie is smaller than the ccdb.

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CAO
    the chubbie should fit fine. i'm still bummed that the dhs did not fit my old bruja. oh well, figures that it has sat on my shelf for over a year now... the reservoir on the chubbie is smaller than the ccdb.
    it does make sense that it would fit but boy what an expensive experiment if it doesnt. I would love to hear from Sherwizzle to make sure

It should fit fine if you want an inferior shock to the CCDB...for a man who doesn't care what people think, you sure do worry about parts that you think are ghey or not....

This thread is completely pointless anyway...you could put a block of wood in between the rocker and frame and get the same performance...you don't ride!

BUT! all that aside...I have seen the Avy and DB next to each other...and the Avy will fit.

But come on Fo....Man up!

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RSutton1223
    It should fit fine if you want an inferior shock to the CCDB...for a man who doesn't care what people think, you sure do worry about parts that you think are ghey or not....

This thread is completely pointless anyway...you could put a block of wood in between the rocker and frame and get the same performance...you don't ride!

BUT! all that aside...I have seen the Avy and DB next to each other...and the Avy will fit.

But come on Fo....Man up!

have nothing against the CCDB.....just trying to see what the options are is all....

have nothing against the CCDB.....just trying to see what the options are is all....
    That was an awful calm response...are you feeling ok?

Jan 2004
    That was an awful calm response...are you feeling ok?
    i know....actually not feeling well. very sick right now, havent ridden in 2 weeks and looking like it wont be till April that i can ride so yeah, very not ok...but i did get my bonus so i may need to spend money to help

i know....actually not feeling well. very sick right now, havent ridden in 2 weeks and looking like it wont be till April that i can ride so yeah, very not ok...but i did get my bonus so i may need to spend money to help
    UGI hits the hardest when you can't ride. Sorry to hear that...heal up quick and get some new parts in the process.

Jan 2004
    UGI hits the hardest when you can't ride. Sorry to hear that...heal up quick and get some new parts in the process.
    thanks man.

its so pathetic....have not even ridden the Terremoto off road nor the updated El Rey with new brakes. And on top of that, I have a new single speed on the way and I STILL cant stop thinking about parts

Bodhisattva

If only we could do something about the inadequate riders.....
    Life....the original terminal illness

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    thanks man.

its so pathetic....have not even ridden the Terremoto off road nor the updated El Rey with new brakes. And on top of that, I have a new single speed on the way and I STILL cant stop thinking about parts
    Man I hope you don't have the flu that I had a couple of weeks ago! That sucked big time, I was unable to eat for 7 days (yea weight loss!!) and still have a bit of a cough from it.

I'm just now getting time in on my El Rey and loving it. Too bad the trails have been wet and muddy from all the rains, they should be drying out this week I'd guess. It's a pity to be zooming along with the new bike and then have to stop and carry it across the mud (don't want to be destroying the trail) just when I was getting the flow going. Did get a good 1900' fireroad climb in as well, very very nice indeed having the Rey just tootle along at my pace, my old bike seemed to be trying to drag me back downhill compared to this.

Good luck in getting back on the trails soon with or without a chub(b)ie.

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinfan
    Man I hope you don't have the flu that I had a couple of weeks ago! That sucked big time, I was unable to eat for 7 days (yea weight loss!!) and still have a bit of a cough from it.

I'm just now getting time in on my El Rey and loving it. Too bad the trails have been wet and muddy from all the rains, they should be drying out this week I'd guess. It's a pity to be zooming along with the new bike and then have to stop and carry it across the mud (don't want to be destroying the trail) just when I was getting the flow going. Did get a good 1900' fireroad climb in as well, very very nice indeed having the Rey just tootle along at my pace, my old bike seemed to be trying to drag me back downhill compared to this.

Good luck in getting back on the trails soon with or without a chub(b)ie.
    thanks man.....my short term future consists of trying to get better, flying to new jersey on wednesday, flying back thursday after a meeting, work here on friday, fly out to DC on saturday...how ghey is that!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    thanks man.....my short term future consists of trying to get better, flying to new jersey on wednesday, flying back thursday after a meeting, work here on friday, fly out to DC on saturday...how ghey is that!
    As ghey as a Homer pool party?

Bodhisattva
    Must be hard being the Global Regulatory Leader

Do you at least have enough points to get the 1st class upgrade?

I had a tough week. Rode the Terremoto Tuesday, rode the Sultan Weds, rode the SS Thurs, skiing this weekend in Vail and headed to Orlando this week. Life sux
    Life....the original terminal illness

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    Must be hard being the Global Regulatory Leader

Do you at least have enough points to get the 1st class upgrade?

I had a tough week. Rode the Terremoto Tuesday, rode the Sultan Weds, rode the SS Thurs, skiing this weekend in Vail and headed to Orlando this week. Life sux
    you do suck! and unfortunately you have my email so i hear daily how much you suck!

mtbr member

Here's what you need another choice with a "cough" great name.

only in French right now:

http://www.bos-engineering.com/MTB/stoyfiche.html

matching fork:

http://www.bos-engineering.com/MTB/idylleprofiche.html

yeah, yeah i k,ow it's a DH set-up what the hell.
    I just wanted to share.
    Former Homer...Ventana convert: extreme poseur!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast