Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Any creaks with the Comandante?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  .40AET 
#1 ·
I have a Walt Works and I love it, but the EBB starts creaking and slipping right around the 7th-12thth ride after reassembly. While it's not rocket science to maintain the EBB, it's a little annoying and time is in short supply. I can even ignore the creak, but eventually the chain becomes extremely loose. I've tried ALL the cures with no avail and I'm riding SS more and more. I'm a big guy and a masher to begin with. I'm fixated on steel, but I'm thinking that I will not break this frame. I do realize any SS adjustment system can be hit or miss. In my experience Ventana usually hits the target when they release a product.

#2 ·
Hey Don. I've sold a few and found them to be the least problematic of any SS tensioning system I've seen. Have a friend who is a big guy with LOTS of power and couldn't find anything with an EBB that worked well/quietly but no problems at all with his Ventana.

Larry
Mountain High Cyclery

#3 ·
I built one up last January. I decided in the Comandante solely for the rear tensioning system. It has been flawless to date. There are 3bolts on each side holding it tight and it never creaks or moves. It's easy to adjust and makes cog changes a breeze.

Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.