Thread: Another X5...

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Another X5...

Just the frame right now. Larry just got it in and shot me the pic. This is the insurance replacement of my stolen Salty. With all the beautiful colors to choose from, I went with black. Larry says it's pretty sweet looking. It's getting built up with a Firefly, XT/XTR mix, silver Thomsons... should look nice with all black and silver. I'll post some pics when she's all built up. S
    Attached Images Attached Images

in the getto

nice !!

you guy's are killin me with these X-5 's , I must have one NOW !
    is that black color a new option , or an upcharge?
    it's a big sh*t sandwich and were all gonna have to take a bite

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    It's not standard on the X5, but I think since they make some other frame in black (I think) you can get it in black if you order it before a production run. Something like that. All polished would be pretty cool as well. S

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

X5's are great!

Looks great! You'll love it...Larry built me up a LaBruja and I loved the ride so much I had to get an X5 (pretty much near divorce court for me with that purchase-but it's easier to beg for forgiveness than ask permission!) I've had a ton of bikes in my lifetime and I can honestly say that Ventana is the absolute best out there!

As for the black color, I'd have to say that Larry could handle that for you. He's got a good relationship w/Sherwood. Give him a buzz or check him out at mtnhighcyclery.com.

PattD

Tame the Penguin!

The black is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by DSR
    Just the frame right now. Larry just got it in and shot me the pic. This is the insurance replacement of my stolen Salty. With all the beautiful colors to choose from, I went with black. Larry says it's pretty sweet looking. It's getting built up with a Firefly, XT/XTR mix, silver Thomsons... should look nice with all black and silver. I'll post some pics when she's all built up. S
    Hey DSR,

I was at the shop last night and saw your frame. The black is beautiful as it really offsets the polished rear triangle. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos when it's completed.

-El Beastro

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Good to hear! Yeah, I'm psyched to see her in person - all built up and ready to roll! Will post pics when she's ready. Thanks, S

Tame the Penguin!

Pieces parts

Quote Originally Posted by DSR
    Good to hear! Yeah, I'm psyched to see her in person - all built up and ready to roll! Will post pics when she's ready. Thanks, S
    What are your plans for a front wheel? I have a Mavic F219 w/Chris King 20mm disc iso riding on DT 14/15 spokes if you'd have any interest in it.

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    The front wheel is all that survived the theft. It's a Marzo 20mm hub and Salsa Gordo rims. Straight gauge. Pretty beefy. The rear will be a nice new King / Rhyno Lite. Picking up on Tues. Should be fun. S