Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr Bling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,589

    another sick idea in my rotten head

    What about...

    A Ventana hardtail with the front tri of a Terremoto that would mimic the geo of a Chromag...

    I am clealry not in a market for such a bike nor do I have the cash...just some non-riding-non-skiing time musing over what it would look like. The Ventana line-up covers pretty much anything but that.

    anywhoo, that'd be a fine-looking bike.
    Former Homer...Ventana convert: extreme poseur!

  2. #2
    198
    Reputation: RSutton1223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,804
    I have been thinking about a ht with a Pike on the front for awhile now.

  3. #3
    Neg reppers r my biatches
    Reputation: FoShizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,244
    I am sure Sherwood will get right on that

  4. #4
    011100000110111101101111
    Reputation: unfluid one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,247
    That would be cool actually. I think maybe a hardtail with a t'moto front would look a bit too clunky? I think maybe something sleek like the ciclon with maybe a slightly larger downtube and gussets.
    Personally I like the profile of my current HT, but would be interesting to see a ventana rendition.. particularly in the yoke / rear drop out area.

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

  5. #5
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,759
    Quote Originally Posted by RSutton1223
    I have been thinking about a ht with a Pike on the front for awhile now.

    I am still pondering about the Pike on my Salty.... darn... a beefy HT...yummy...

  6. #6
    Having a nice day!
    Reputation: LoneStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    872
    Good concept. I think there is a real market for all mountain hardtails these days. Maybe not with a T'moto front end, but something to stand up to a little more abuse than what you typically see right now.

  7. #7
    IPAs make me wanna puke.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,605
    You need to put a white fork back on that thing. Marz 55 would be cool.

  8. #8
    011100000110111101101111
    Reputation: unfluid one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,247
    unfortunately i sold the white Z1!
    pls don't instigate UGI on me...
    Although slapping those white rims on my white moto and getting a white 55 should be sick!
    but again.. the 36van is lovely as it is for now.

  9. #9
    The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Reputation: mtnbiker4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bling
    What about...

    A Ventana hardtail with the front tri of a Terremoto that would mimic the geo of a Chromag...

    I am clealry not in a market for such a bike nor do I have the cash...just some non-riding-non-skiing time musing over what it would look like. The Ventana line-up covers pretty much anything but that.

    anywhoo, that'd be a fine-looking bike.
    There is a frame hanging up at MadCat cycles that looks to have the old Bruja Down tube as its main tube.....I will have to snap a picture next time I'm there.

    I thought the same thing the first time I saw those beautiful tubes......

  10. #10
    Captain Underpants
    Reputation: Random Drivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,300
    Quote Originally Posted by unfluid one
    That would be cool actually. I think maybe a hardtail with a t'moto front would look a bit too clunky? I think maybe something sleek like the ciclon with maybe a slightly larger downtube and gussets.
    Personally I like the profile of my current HT, but would be interesting to see a ventana rendition.. particularly in the yoke / rear drop out area.

    Hard to beat a sinister with a LT fork. I was thiiiiiiiiiiis close to ordering a Simon Bar before I went with the El PAd.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr Bling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Drivel
    Hard to beat a sinister with a LT fork. I was thiiiiiiiiiiis close to ordering a Simon Bar before I went with the El PAd.
    Mr Cove and Mr chromag would beg to differ!
    But yeah, that sinister is a nice looking toy-weapon

    There are some remarquably designed bikes but eh, wouldn't it be even cooler if it were a Ventana?
    Former Homer...Ventana convert: extreme poseur!

  12. #12
    011100000110111101101111
    Reputation: unfluid one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bling
    Mr Cove and Mr chromag would beg to differ!
    But yeah, that sinister is a nice looking toy-weapon

    There are some remarquably designed bikes but eh, wouldn't it be even cooler if it were a Ventana?

    of course... 1.5 HT, slightly downsized t'moto tubes but with the same downtube flare, similarly burly yokes as the t'moto.. .. < 4.7 lbs.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr Bling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,589


    something of a argon from Nicolai.

    mtnbiker4life: we "need" those pics!
    Former Homer...Ventana convert: extreme poseur!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •