mtbr member

Add the Bruja to the list of 650b convertibles

Put the dropouts in the V1 bruja's rearward most position, inserted my buddies 27.5 wheel with a nevegal 2.1 tire, and started researching 650b wheel sets and forks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Add the Bruja to the list of 650b convertibles-image.jpg  

Team Chilidog!
    Very cool. Which version of the Bruja? v1 or v2? I saw someone converted a Terremoto too on the 650B forum.

mtbr member

U just like to look at pictures huh?

It's a v1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Add the Bruja to the list of 650b convertibles-image.jpg  

T , V , & K Rider
    Nov 2004
    Interesting.......do you think it would clear bigger 650B tires in the 2.35 to 2.4 range and what is your BB height ? TIG.
    " A way to a deep freedom " - Tarja

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    Very cool. Which version of the Bruja? v1 or v2? I saw someone converted a Terremoto too on the 650B forum.
    Stripes, do you have a link?....that sounds interesting :-)

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo View Post
    Stripes, do you have a link?....that sounds interesting :-)
    Found it...

List of 27.5 Compatible 26ers

mtbr member
    Current BB height is just under 14 1/2 w 26" 2.3 tires. Sherwood had said 650b will raise it 1/2". Being on the east coast that doesn't bother me so much.

I do think it will take a bigger tire. Although I don't yet have access to one to try it. But the 2.3 neo moto pacenti tire reviewed here on MTBR was said to be wider than it is tall. I'll let you know when I can find one.

mtbr member

Wow that means my other bruja will work too

Assuming the rear linkage is the same, which on sight it appears to be.

Ultra Ventanaphile
    The only problem with the V2 Bruja is that is a tiny tire. 2.1 is way under sized for a big travel bike.
    V1's Bruja, I've cleared my 2.35 NeoMoto and 2.35 Nevegal. I measured out a 15.1" BB when I test fit my wheels.

-A
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

T , V , & K Rider
    Nov 2004
    Thanks , it would be an interesting conversion and yes , I still got my old skool Bruja......put some new parts on the beast not too long ago ! TIG.
    " A way to a deep freedom " - Tarja

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciclistagonzo View Post
    The only problem with the V2 Bruja is that is a tiny tire. 2.1 is way under sized for a big travel bike.
    V1's Bruja, I've cleared my 2.35 NeoMoto and 2.35 Nevegal. I measured out a 15.1" BB when I test fit my wheels.

-A
    What wheels (rims particularly) are you running with those tires? I've thought about trying a 650B in the front, but it's just that right now: a thought. The AtoC my Ciclon supports would work, but not in a rush to play musical parts or see how well I can make a 650B wheel fit a Fox 36.

Crisillo: thanks for finding the link to the TM 650B conversion. Been busy over here.

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    What wheels (rims particularly) are you running with those tires? I've thought about trying a 650B in the front, but it's just that right now: a thought. The AtoC my Ciclon supports would work, but not in a rush to play musical parts or see how well I can make a 650B wheel fit a Fox 36.

Crisillo: thanks for finding the link to the TM 650B conversion. Been busy over here.
    Alex XD Lite.
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    What's with all this 650B talk.......it's just a fad that will burn itself by the end of the year.