mtbr member

5----->6 inch x5?

I was wondering if anyone knew if I could convert my 130mm x5 to a 150 or a 160 via new rocker/rear shock combo? Has anyone else done this?

Proud lame eBiker
    Yes. If memory serves you'll need new rockers and a slightly longer stroke shock. (The need for a longer stroke shock is fuzzy, but I know for sure you'll need the longer rockers)

Better question is, does Vetana have any longer rockers left?

If not, get in touch with me as I have a buddy who sold his 2006 X-5 and I know at one point he had the 6" kit on there, but sold it as a 5" bike after we swapped the rockers back. I'd have to make sure he still has those rockers....and if he wanted to sell them.
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

mtbr member
    Awesome! I need more travel and didn't feel like dumping another grand or more on another frame. I'll reach out to Ventana tomorrow and if they're out I'll definitely be reaching out. Thanks for the heads-up 14, much appreciated.

Single Speed Junkie
    I know that you could extend the travel with new rockers. I did this on my X5 early on straight from Ventana. Just started breaking down the bike for a sale. Wish I had spare rockers I could offer.

mtbr member
    Hey Crux, do you recall needing to get a new shock or is the one you're using just fine?

mtbr member
    I'm not sure if this applies to all model years, but I know this does apply to the 2008, which I have.

5" travel - 5" rockers - 7 7/8" x 2" shock.
    5.32" travel - 6" rockers - 7 7/8" x 2" shock.
    6" travel - 6" rockers - 7 7/8" x 2 1/4" shock.

This is from an email I received from Sherwood.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

No known cure
    I have a pair of 5/6 combo rockers for 06 and newer frames that are collecting dust. The 5/6 is achieved with a 2.25" stroke shock.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

mtbr member
    Thanks guys, how much did the new rockers change the geometry and the feel of the bike? I'm assuming the head angle would be a little steeper, ya?

Single Speed Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by iWiLRiDe View Post
    Hey Crux, do you recall needing to get a new shock or is the one you're using just fine?
    OldHouseMan is correct.