Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Ultra Ventanaphile
    Quote Originally Posted by 1962 View Post
    My dirty little Labruja
    Are these the tires you mentioned in the DH forum. 2.7" Nev and 2.? DHF rear? My Cuervo needs new tires, and I know you ride Northstar too. How are you liking the combo?
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

ventanakaz

Re: 2013 Photo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ciclistagonzo View Post
    Are these the tires you mentioned in the DH forum. 2.7" Nev and 2.? DHF rear? My Cuervo needs new tires, and I know you ride Northstar too. How are you liking the combo?
    ...sorry it took so long to get back to you, I haven't been to northstar in two years (haven't been riding that much) but yeah these are the tires I used at northstar, my first time on livewire the 2.7 nevegal did great and I felt like I was railing the berms, well I must have hit it at the right time. Nobody on the trail and it got watered down just before I rode it, every ride after that sucked on livewire and I had to hold back on the speed cause I felt the tires starting to wash out if I pushed it. But on the rocky trails they were great cause of the high volume the tire has, it soaked up the rocks. I just started to ride again at my local trail and after coming off the stepdown jump and coming up to the mega wedge jump there's a slight berm that I built after the stepdown jump and when I came up on it I could feel my front tire starting to wash so I had to hit the brakes. When I got home that night I thought to myself, hey dumb a** why don't you cut the transition knobs like you did years ago on a specialized tire back in the 90s, so I cut the knobs and went back and had no wash out as I rolled upon the tiny berm. Here's some pics next to an uncut tire, hopefully you csn see it, I'm also willing to let you try out the tire but I think you live pretty far from me, but if you ever in my town your welcome to try my tire out...ralph
    i need to ride more. building jumps takes to much time...my other hobby is kicking the crap outta my home built mook jong.

ventanakaz

Oh and for the back tire I use the harder rubber compound maxxis minion Dh f 2.7 maxxpro 60a compound, and the reason I like the harder rubber compound on the back tire is because when I used the softer rubber compound I felt the loss of my pedal energy (knob flex with softer rubber) as I pedaled up to a jump and because there is more body weight on the back tire I felt no wash out on the back...ralph
    i need to ride more. building jumps takes to much time...my other hobby is kicking the crap outta my home built mook jong.

El CicloPath!!!!!!!
    Nov 2012
    Fantastic!

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Great infor on both. I appreciate the feedback and the Nev Mod tip. I remember reading about a mod like that but they ramped the transition knobs, vs eleminating every other like you did. Interesting either way. Thanks.
    -A
    -Aaron G.

El CicloPath!!!!!!!
    Nov 2012
    ...sorry it took so long to get back to you, I haven't been to northstar in two years (haven't been riding that much) but yeah these are the tires I used at northstar, my first time on livewire the 2.7 nevegal did great and I felt like I was railing the berms, well I must have hit it at the right time. Nobody on the trail and it got watered down just before I rode it, every ride after that sucked on livewire and I had to hold back on the speed cause I felt the tires starting to wash out if I pushed it. But on the rocky trails they were great cause of the high volume the tire has, it soaked up the rocks. I just started to ride again at my local trail and after coming off the stepdown jump and coming up to the mega wedge jump there's a slight berm that I built after the stepdown jump and when I came up on it I could feel my front tire starting to wash so I had to hit the brakes. When I got home that night I thought to myself, hey dumb a** why don't you cut the transition knobs like you did years ago on a specialized tire back in the 90s, so I cut the knobs and went back and had no wash out as I rolled upon the tiny berm. Here's some pics next to an uncut tire, hopefully you csn see it, I'm also willing to let you try out the tire but I think you live pretty far from me, but if you ever in my town your welcome to try my tire out...ralph

What did you use to cut off the knobs?!?!

ventanakaz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fachiro1 View Post

What did you use to cut off the knobs?!?!
    ...I used a carpet trimmer blade, it looks like a utility blade but it's not as wide or thick and has only one beveled side as opposed to two, it's easier for me to handle...ralph

Ultra Ventanaphile

2013 Photo Thread

I can never get enough of Tahoe dirt and views. This is taken from Tahoe Mt. Where the Angora fire did a lot damage yet creates spectacular views.
    -Aaron G.

ventanakaz

A little air time on the La Bruja

ventanakaz
    Here's a link to the video of the two pics from above
    step down jump - YouTube

Team Chilidog!
    Here's a link to the video of the two pics from above
    step down jump - YouTube
    Nice job Ralph!
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

ventanakaz
    2 dollar mini wedge
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Photo Thread-20130928_124557_4201.jpg  

ventanakaz

2013 Photo Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1382243716212.jpg2 dollar mini wedge

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Ah to be young(er) again. Kevin made this look easy. Launching the Old Salmon Falls Bridge.
    Sweet Drop
    -Aaron G.

Proud lame eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciclistagonzo View Post
    Ah to be young(er) again. Kevin made this look easy. Launching the Old Salmon Falls Bridge.
    Sweet Drop
    Dang....what's that color called?!!
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14 View Post
    Dang....what's that color called?!!
    Envy Green? RAL 6666!
    -Aaron G.

Ultra Ventanaphile
    From a few weeks back before Winter finally showed up.

I kept following myself!
    (Timer Shots)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Photo Thread-follow-myself-sm.jpg  

-Aaron G.

Ultra Ventanaphile

A few more...

Some from late summer,

Solo Local Ride
    IMG_3662

IMG_3669

Solo Lake Tahoe

IMG_3700

One from Last weekend, w/my favorite Ride Partner;

Ride Partner
    -Aaron G.

Team Fearless Descender
    Good Stuff Aaron!
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

Team Hardcore Cornbread
    Amazing views today in Southenn California. Zeus shinning down on my Zeus.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Photo Thread-image.jpg  

"Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3