Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ultra Ventanaphile
    Quote Originally Posted by El Salt View Post
    You still got green grasses up there?
    We should stay green for a few more weeks, if we get ANY rain during may, we'll stay green into June.
    Come Late June/July we'll be browned out.
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

Unfit Norwegian
    I'm more than just a bit envious of the weather in California now!

Team Fearless Descender
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
    I'm more than just a bit envious of the weather in California now!
    I guess better than some places. Weather.com is saying 90 degrees for me today, and I believe it. I'm 5mi from the beach (SoCal), and 90 here is very unusual. Its also showing 65 degrees and 30% chance of rain on Monday. Add a 10k acre fire burning where our local trails are, and so far this spring has been exciting!

I'll still get out on my Ventana this weekend though, maybe some pictures to prove it!

Ole!

Aaron / Dazed, here is a shot from a week ago. This has now ALL burned. News

Knolly rider, Ventana photographer.
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

Ultra Ventanaphile

2013 Photo Thread

Salt- you'll be coming up for the cleaner air then? Sorry hear about the local trails, though.
    -Aaron G.

Unfit Norwegian
    That's bad! Hope the firefighters can control it! That's the downside then. This is awful!

Here in eastern Norway, we have rain, a fresh breeze and about 40 degrees Fahrenheit, so still not the most motivating riding conditions, but that doesn't really seem like that much of a problem compared to that!

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciclistagonzo View Post
    Salt- you'll be coming up for the cleaner air then? Sorry hear about the local trails, though.
    How about some fresh Eastern Sierra air in August?

Team Fearless Descender
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TurnersNotEnough View Post
    That'll do, but how about we meet up with Dazed, and he shows us around Norway!?!?! I'll bet there are a few beautiful mountains there?

Stuff

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TurnersNotEnough View Post
    Vacation time booked, Bikes ready, now if only the rider had a prayer of a chance to be in shape for it.....
    -Aaron G.

Unfit Norwegian
    Quote Originally Posted by El Salt View Post
    That'll do, but how about we meet up with Dazed, and he shows us around Norway!?!?! I'll bet there are a few beautiful mountains there?
    There sure are, but the only way I'd survive that is in an atv or quad bike, I'm afraid.

(Photo: Geir Anders Rybakken ěrslien)

Not exactly on my doorstep, but have a look at these old threads:

Favorite places to ride - Worldwide
    Mountain biking in the north of Norway
    Norway ride pics (lots)
    Norway/Thor's Hammer, a view from an Ugly American
    norway mountain biking pictures and helmetcam mtb videos
    mountain bike helmetcam mtb videos

Edit: I didn't find the threads I was looking for, or Biking Viking's mtbr gathering website, but I think Pete's photos and videos more than makes up for it. Worth a look!

Norway in summer is splendid, and if you like skiing or own a fatbike, and don't mind the cold, I guess it's good in winter as well.
    Last edited by Dazed; 05-05-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Lightly salted
    Quick lunch ride,

Team Chilidog!
    An Ogre rocking Rockville

And a tiger trying to survive the rocks in Rockville

Lightly salted
    I know those rocks well! Nice pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    An Ogre rocking Rockville

And a tiger trying to survive the rocks in Rockville

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by fuenstock View Post
    I know those rocks well! Nice pics.
    Heh, I had a feeling you did Defintely a fun place to ride. Nice pic from your lunchtime ride too.

Unfit Norwegian
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazed View Post

Here in eastern Norway, we have rain, a fresh breeze and about 40 degrees Fahrenheit, so still not the most motivating riding conditions
    The last couple of days howevwer, have been perfect. Tempereatures in the low eighties and sunny mid day and still around 70 at sunset. We have sunlight until 10:30 pm this time of year, and it'd be a perfect weekend for riding, if I didn't have a house to paint. Oh, well. The bike isn't finished yet either, so...

Main thing is: SUMMER'S HERE!

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by fuenstock View Post
    Quick lunch ride,
    Cool GoPro mount?

Thanks in advance,

Jm
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

Lightly salted
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    Cool GoPro mount?

Thanks in advance,

Jm
    Thats the K-edge handlebar mount. It's aluminum, much better than the plastic gopro mount. Does not move around at all and seems to shake less also compared to plastic mount.

Team Fearless Descender
    Ok, so give me a little leeway on this one. I'm calling it "1.5 Ventana Riders". The lead rider is in fact riding a Knolly, BUT does have a sweet Ventana Racing jersey on. The chasing rider is on an El Salt, and so is the photographer.

This trail is in the Fleming Meadows area in the Eldorado National Forest - east on hwy 50 from Folsom, CA. A light rain a few days before helped keep the dust down, as the temperatures were on the rise. The "Route 8 Trail" is by no means super tech, but it is flowy and fast in sections and about 90% single track (exactly what my wife likes - as evident by the smile!).

The day before we road out at Granite Bay (Folsom Lake), and on that ride the Knolly was the "odd man", or woman in this case "out". There were 7 Ventana riders to the one Knolly. I think a Ventana may have to be in my wife's future?

Last edited by El Salt; 06-19-2013 at 07:47 AM.

Stuff

mtbr member
    Great photos and bikes El Salt. I know you are a Ventana fan at heart, but don't forget to post some pics in the Knolly forum from time to time. You pictures are always appreciated.

p.s. ventana or knolly. You can't lose.

Team Fearless Descender
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR View Post
    Great photos and bikes El Salt...don't forget to post some pics in the Knolly forum from time to time. You pictures are always appreciated.
    Thank's "G"! Will do, but maybe not this shot! May get run out of town posting a pix of a chick (my wife) wearing a Ventana jersey while riding her Knolly!?!?

BTW, Knolly needs a jersey (we've got a set of shot glasses!). We've both talked to Noel about this, while sipping whiskey with him, and have mentioned it to Kevin too.

Stuff

Team Fearless Descender
    I guess I may as well get in on the action. Had a great ride up at the Fleming Meadows area in the Eldorado National Forest. The El Salt was the right bike for the trails, though I'll bet an Alpino would have been even better?

Stuff

Team Chilidog!
    Rocking the rocks at Wilder today.

ventanakaz
    Rocking the rocks at Wilder today.

...that trail looks familiar, but I think we used to go the other direction. Haven't been there in years, remind me what trail that is ? ...ralph
    i need to ride more. building jumps takes to much time...my other hobby is kicking the crap outta my home built mook jong.

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1962 View Post
    ...that trail looks familiar, but I think we used to go the other direction. Haven't been there in years, remind me what trail that is ? ...ralph
    Zane Gray cut-off at Wilder. A lot of people go up it, which is the un-fun direction for me.

ventanakaz
    Zane Gray cut-off at Wilder. A lot of people go up it, which is the un-fun direction for me.
    ...yeah now that I think about it, we did go that direction a few times, and if memory serves me right, Lower down the trail there was another rocky section that I cleared just a few times riding up. But for sure it's more fun going down those sections than up :-O one of these days I'll head back down there with some of the guys I used to ride with...
    i need to ride more. building jumps takes to much time...my other hobby is kicking the crap outta my home built mook jong.

ventanakaz

Re: 2013 Photo Thread

My dirty little Labruja
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Photo Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1371748782730.jpg  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast