Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    25

    2012 Ventana El Ciclon

    Besides Ventana being such an art in mountain bike frame craftsmanship, its refinement comes to practice once you ride one in the trail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 Ventana El Ciclon-2012-ventana-el-ciclon.jpg  

    2012 Ventana El Ciclon-imagem-050b.jpg  

    2012 Ventana El Ciclon-imagem-062b.jpg  


  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    180
    That thing looks pissed. Bad azz looking machine. Do you have mountains where you live or just mud?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    25
    mountains are 30min drive from town

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    209
    Nice looking! is that the new Ti color, or is it the cosmic grey?

  5. #5
    Ultra Ventanaphile
    Reputation: Ciclistagonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    3,096
    What shock is that? Obviously a Ti Spring but it almost looks like a ROMIC? GASP!?!?!?!
    -Aaron G.

    "Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

  6. #6
    Lightly salted
    Reputation: fuenstock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,171
    Nice ride! Do you have the fox 36 set at 160, and if so how do you like it? I have a fox 160 I been thinking of trying on mine.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    25
    cosmic gray
    Romic D w/ Ti spring
    Fox Talas 36 RC2 152mm (1st 36 model)
    good suspension maintenance and both shock and fork are still working great

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2
    This bike looks great... Congrats...

    Thanks for sharing these pictures too. Cosmic grey rocks...

    How do you guys compare this machine with a Turner 5 spot ? Which one is better ?

  9. #9
    Team Chilidog!
    Reputation: Stripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,081
    Quote Originally Posted by RideTheFlow View Post
    This bike looks great... Congrats...

    Thanks for sharing these pictures too. Cosmic grey rocks...

    How do you guys compare this machine with a Turner 5 spot ? Which one is better ?
    There's a loaded question.. comparing Ventanas and Turners on the Ventana forum

    Are you comparing the DW Link Turner 5 Spot with the 2012 Ventana El Ciclon, because that would be the best comparison.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    25
    never rode a 5spot, would love to have one as well

    I rode a mojo hd and it seams that the dw-link is less lively than the Ventana's rear suspension

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    25
    once you get a Ventana in hand you'll be amazed w/ the craftmanship finesse, which is something you don't get on carbon frames

  12. #12
    Unfit Norwegian
    Reputation: Dazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    There's a loaded question.. comparing Ventanas and Turners on the Ventana forum

    Are you comparing the DW Link Turner 5 Spot with the 2012 Ventana El Ciclon, because that would be the best comparison.
    How do you figure? My 07 Ciclon was practically identical to a TNT Spot. Has the ciclon linkage changed since then? How?

  13. #13
    Unfit Norwegian
    Reputation: Dazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by lucianosilva9 View Post
    never rode a 5spot, would love to have one as well

    I rode a mojo hd and it seams that the dw-link is less lively than the Ventana's rear suspension
    One dw-link bike doesn't necessary feel or ride like another, btw.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2
    Maybe DW was better compared to older Ventanas. But after the 2011 upgrade Ventana's new design seems more refined and plush on decent than DW. New rocker takes a lot of credit for that, and for the amazing pedalling efficiency too.

    What about the new terremoto. Any word on when it will start selling ?

  15. #15
    Lightly salted
    Reputation: fuenstock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by RideTheFlow View Post
    What about the new terremoto. Any word on when it will start selling ?
    Im hopiong it will be soon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •