Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    75 Here today in Kansas! Great day to be on a bike. My El Comandante SS belt drive, I'm loving it!

Photo from Wyco Revenge Race

mtbr member
    Wow...Nice color on that El Comandante. Is that candy teal?
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

Team Hardcore Cornbread
    Great looking ride. I used to live in KC over 10 years ago. Is that Clinton Park? People never believe me when I tell them that KC has some great trails! Enjoy your Ventana.
    "Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul".

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    The lake pic is from Kill Creek Park, one of the newer trails in KC. I feel lucky to be In KC we have lots of trails and more being added.

Yep bike color is candy teal

Team Fearless Descender
    Rain is falling now, light rain, here in SoCal, really only the second "storm" we've had this year, and by storm I mean heavy drizzle. Weather man is saying it may continue into Saturday, so we'll have to see. The trails can surely use it! More of our "local stuff" (you may have seen it before?) from a week ago or so.

"...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

Proud lame eBiker
    A little shot from a week ago. Rockville Hills Park in NorCal. Perfect trail conditions. Such awesome dirt and freshly washed rocks before they grow any moss. :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 Photo Thread-4832afab-c2e5-4407-9e7c-58cde44f784e-2003-000001be648c387b.jpg  

2012 Photo Thread-a5b423f1-a1ef-4669-b438-1e4aa5e730fc-2003-000001bfe2acb6aa.jpg  

2012 Photo Thread-1b0f8aab-31f8-4b0d-92d2-42e3cb02e232-2003-000001bfd6ea560e.jpg  

www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Nice Myke,, good pics.I can't believe I HAVEN'T been to Rockville this year, SO need to change that.
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

Proud lame eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciclistagonzo View Post
    Nice Myke,, good pics.I can't believe I HAVEN'T been to Rockville this year, SO need to change that.
    I'm hoping this weather pattern, rain three days sun five days) keeps up because it sure makes the dirt perfect. Last week was money! This week it's already dry and dusty most places. But really, Rockville is a blast no matter.
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14 View Post
    I'm hoping this weather pattern, rain three days sun five days) keeps up because it sure makes the dirt perfect. Last week was money! This week it's already dry and dusty most places. But really, Rockville is a blast no matter.
    What time of day do you guys ride there? Might be a nice change of pace over Turkey Day weekend. Haven't been up there in years. Does one need a tour guide?

Ultra Ventanaphile

Utah Trip Sept 2012

I'm way late getting these posted, but Blue Screen of death on my home computer has hampered my photo/vid processing.

Drove to Park City for a long weekend with my buddy Neal (on the Capitan).
    Tasted/sampled some saaaweeet PC singletrack. Every local we ran into was super cool and told us we timed our trip perfect as it had rained the weekend before and the leaves had just about peaked in color. And wow did they have color!

Hope you all enjoy the pics.

Day 1 saw us on the earlier in the year built Armstrong Trail to Mid Mountain Trail to Spirro Downhill.
    The colors on Armstrong were amazing.
    CC100_0708

This is Neal near the Armstrong/Mid Mountain Intersection with Park City and Deer Valley as the back drop.

CCIMG_2920

We rode Mid-Mt Trail to Spirro DH, the DH was like riding on a red carpet...

CCIMG_2925

The next day saw us on a Trail called "Flying Dog" Consisted of a 18 mile loop with the first 8 miles being predominately climbing followed by a 4 mile DH and then some rolling hills back to parking lot. FANTASTIC trail.

Heading out on the Climb...
    CCIMG_2932

Where we encountered some BIG locals....
    CCIMG_2943
    and...
    CCIMG_2944

The downhill was WAY too fun to stop and take pics, but I did get Video, which I hope to finish sometime this month.

The Last day we did Mid-Mt trail from Deer Valley to Crescent Mine Grade to Jenni's trail.
    Again fantastic colors and hero dirt. Very few pics except these two, the rest is on the Video I hope to get done soon. Overall a fun hero dirt filled weekend of riding...
    CCIMG_2960

CCIMG_2963
    -Aaron G.

Team Fearless Descender
    I'm way late getting these posted.

Hope you all enjoy the pics.
    Hard to take a bad photograph with stuff like that in every direction!

Ahhhh, R-ville / A-Dale.... Yes, I remember my attempt at getting to those. I remember coming down with quite the cold on the drive up. Some day... some day... Maybe this spring?

Stuff

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Quote Originally Posted by El Salt View Post
    Ahhhh, R-ville / A-Dale.... Yes, I remember my attempt at getting to those. I remember coming down with quite the cold on the drive up. Some day... some day... Maybe this spring?
    The mis-adventure adventure!

Name the time buddy.
    -Aaron G.

Proud lame eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    What time of day do you guys ride there? Might be a nice change of pace over Turkey Day weekend. Haven't been up there in years. Does one need a tour guide?
    I'm all over the map. Right now it's been Thursday and Friday mornbings that have been working out for me. Although, I'd like to get on a butt-crack-o-dawn Sunday Rockville patrol party going again soon....maybe the beginning of 2013.

You really don't need a guide for Rockville though. It's a SMALL county park, that has a rediculous amounts of cow built singletracks twisting and winding all over the fenced in landscape. If you enter the trail system at the main parkin glot, then never go outside the fence line, you can not get lost. Even if you got adventerous and ventured out of the fended in property it's damned hard to get lost.

If you took your time and plunked around checking out this trail, then taht trail, you could easily fill up 2 1/2hours and ride every trail within the park fences.

Sure there are better trails than others there, but none are very long, and it's easy to go back and try that other trail and see where it takes you. This place is SMALL.

BUT, it's not to say it's a cakewalk either. There are some incredibly tough technical sections if you bumble onto the right trails. Again though, if that's not your cup of tea and you get to a seriously pucker factor section, look left or right a few hundred feet, I'm sure there's a trail right over there that'll suite you better. It's not like you're going to get stuck into a 15mile death march.

If you ever see yourself up here on a Thursday or Friday morning let me know a day or two in advence and I'll do my best to meet up and show you around for an hour or so.

Lightly salted
    The dirt is perfect right now @ Rockville.

ciclon sure is a sweet ride.
    pedals really well on the climbs out.. maybe due to the longer cockpit or angles, but i like pedaling out on it more so than my custom toro hardtail.

https://vimeo.com/53485888

Last edited by unfluid one; 11-14-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Nice vid, liked "Fresh of the Grill" more!
    -Aaron G.

Nice vid, liked "Fresh of the Grill" more!
    Thanks! Gotta get more interesting angles cuz all my footage is starting to look too similar.

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Quote Originally Posted by unfluid one View Post
    Thanks! Gotta get more interesting angles cuz all my footage is starting to look too similar.
    I know what you mean, and sometimes it's more hastle than I have time to deal with to get the unique angles. I liked on Grill, how it was stutter, stutter, smooth.. your air time is awesome.
    -Aaron G.

PMK
    mtbr member
    Aaron
    Agree on different angles. You may have seen this posted in the tandem section already, but a small bit of editing work, but doable using two cameras. I have more footage of other Boyette trails, same two angles, either they are two large to upload, or have not been edited yet.

https://vimeo.com/53747686

PK
    Reps! We don't need no stickin' reps!

PMK
    mtbr member
    Copied from Tandem section. Same riding area, Balm Boyette near Tampa.

Another section of this great trail system. This one is called South Abyss. The entire run is pretty much drops and climbs. Camera does not show it elevation well, but most of these drops are 10 to 15 feet, some are steep, some less steep, some portions are narrow with a little bit of shear to the side.

On account of the size for uploads, I had to render this is a different format, hopefully it plays well enough for everyone.

https://vimeo.com/54014646

PK
    Reps! We don't need no stickin' reps!

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Love the split view render, your wife is so cool, at about 1:30 "that was awesome!"
    -Aaron G.

Ultra Ventanaphile

Some More Fall/Thanksgiving Photo's

Just a few more pics from Thanksgiving Weekend..

Got out on a Solo SS ride on Wednesday afternoon, post Morning Rain Storm. Judging by the pics you'd think I was riding in the Pacific Northwest not in NorCAL!

ToroNatomaPNW

This Bridge/mud leaf combo was a slip'n slide!
    ToroNatomaBridge

Turkey day was spent on skinney wheels but still V-Powered (I took the photo's on my Martillo)
    Img 031
    Img 037

Friday my daughter and I got in a Tandem ride on some hero dirt conditions.
    (Thanks to Neal for the pic)
    GabbyTandem
    -Aaron G.

Team Fearless Descender
    Just a few more pics from Thanksgiving Weekend..
    Great shots Aaron! Ole!

Stuff

Cars Hurt.
    May 2009
    Slight changes since the pictures. Now running a 180mm XT crankset and a white Specialized saddle with ti rails. Slightly under 30 pounds. 23" frame.

Team Chilidog!
    Riding at Demo a few weeks ago before a cold and the wet weather came in:
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast