Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by El Salt View Post
    These things don't happen by accident you know?
    Always the professional, you are.

Ultra Ventanaphile

Mid-Week Ride, Febuary and 74 Degree!

Title says it all, 74 and Sunny, wow.

The price to pay for the sunny weather is the decided lack of water in our lakes....

103_0033
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

NOT Team Sanchez

In memoriam.....

I let the La Bruja go, it was a great steed, but the witch had to make room for a bebe.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 Photo Thread-p5pb7755388.jpg  

I like bikes.

Team Chilidog!
    3rd ride of the year, Russ got a great pic of me on a little wall ride (weight down 20 lbs from last year):

Russ on the same wall--his 2nd ride on his new 2012 El Ciclón (Russ is a much better photographer):
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

No known cure
    Although I have a new generation frame designed and built in my head, I'm going to try to get two more race seasons out of this frame.

For this year, I went to a single 36t ring, and a 150mm fork. Besides the extra 10mm of travel, the extra fork height slackens the HT to 67.5, the ST to 73.5 and brings the low 13.1" BB up a touch.

After taking this pic, I realized I've never washed this bike. I've hosed it off after a muddy race run but that's it. There's even a spider living in the CNC'd BB area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 Photo Thread-bzz-011-800x594-.jpg  

Ripping trails and tipping ales

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciclistagonzo View Post
    Title says it all, 74 and Sunny, wow.

The price to pay for the sunny weather is the decided lack of water in our lakes....

103_0033
    Is that Salmon Falls again? I used to ride there. Where is all the water?!?!

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Quote Originally Posted by Endo73 View Post
    Is that Salmon Falls again? I used to ride there. Where is all the water?!?!
    Well, it is Folsom Lake, but it's a trail on the North West side of the lake, or nearly the opposite shore than where SF is at. It's a trail that leads into Granite Bay Beach Park proper.

Seriously dry Jan/Feb rain wise, lakes are uber low. Miracle March hasn't started yet. (Miracle March = the past 23 of 25 dry February's we've had wetter than normal March's)
    -Aaron G.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    The Terremoto doing what it loves, and taking me along for the ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 Photo Thread-img_0663.jpg  

2012 Photo Thread-img_0654.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladd Jasper View Post
    The Terremoto doing what it loves, and taking me along for the ride.
    that's the only X-braced Terremoto i've seen. looking @ the first pic i can see why you customized it. how much extra for that?
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    that's the only X-braced Terremoto i've seen. looking @ the first pic i can see why you customized it. how much extra for that?
    Hey, thanks for noticing. I love the look, stiffness, and stand over of my X-5, and wanted to carry that through to the Terremoto. It's been a few years now, but I recall it being a semi-custom design that carried a $300 upcharge. This included a longer seat tube (to run a shorter post) and braze-ons for full-housing, in addition to the X-brace.

Here's a glamour shot from Fruita as she's configured now:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 Photo Thread-img_0822-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    All of my Ventanas are patiently waiting in my basement for summer to arrive, in the meantime....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 Photo Thread-barlow-butte.jpg  

I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

Lightly salted
    Nice Rockville ride today. I was lucky, it didn't rain on me until I was back at the parking lot.

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by fuenstock View Post
    Nice Rockville ride today. I was lucky, it didn't rain on me until I was back at the parking lot.
    Is Rockville good right now? Been debating on hitting Ft. Ord tomorrow, but Rockville looks like more fun
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

Lightly salted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    Is Rockville good right now? Been debating on hitting Ft. Ord tomorrow, but Rockville looks like more fun
    That picture is from a few hours ago today. I did a 14 mile loop. There are a few puddles, but not bad. Rockville has that nice sandy soil so you can see my tires in the picture have no mud build up. I would say it's good conditions for the amount of rain we have had. Rocks are slick, your bike will need a good wipe down and you'll have a mud stripe down your back, but its very ridable.

Proud lame eBiker
    That picture is from a few hours ago today. I did a 14 mile loop. There are a few puddles, but not bad. Rockville has that nice sandy soil so you can see my tires in the picture have no mud build up. I would say it's good conditions for the amount of rain we have had. Rocks are slick, your bike will need a good wipe down and you'll have a mud stripe down your back, but its very ridable.

Headed tere in an hour. Super windy now, hoping it'll dry it up a tad. Either way I'm excited as it'll be a first dirt ride since 1/1/2012!! Toooooo long......
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Team Fearless Descender
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14 View Post
    Headed tere in an hour. Super windy now, hoping it'll dry it up a tad. Either way I'm excited as it'll be a first dirt ride since 1/1/2012!! Toooooo long......
    Remember, it didn't happen unless there are pictures!
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

Lightly salted
    Maybe I'll bump into you. I'll be heading there around 11am.

Lightly salted
    @ internal, Stripes

Did you guys end up heading to Rockville? I was going to go, but last minute the guy's decided on Skyline instead. Skyline was nice, but Rockville would have been drier!

Last edited by fuenstock; 03-18-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Proud lame eBiker

Yup. Got there!

Well, after getting there at 9:30 and then reaching into my gear bag to only find ONE shoe, WTF?!!, I ran home and came back an hour later and caught up with my buddies for a few miles before they split and I tooled around for another hour fifteen having fun.

I realized that the last time I was at Rockville was my birthday, over four months ago! Yikes!!! Long lay-off. It was my first ride on dirt since Jan. 1st. so it was great to just get out and slip slide on around the place. But you know Rockville, 7 inches of rain just keeps the rocks clean and the dust down, hardly any mud.

Ran into some customers on their 29er ECDM tandem they bought a few months back out hammering along. Those two are nuts.....Auburn, Annandale, even Skyline on a tandem I could get into, but Rockville? Ouch!

A few pics to show I was there, El Salt!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 Photo Thread-chuchorockyride.jpg  

2012 Photo Thread-tandemrocky.jpg  

www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Team Chilidog!
    @ internal, Stripes

Did you guys end up heading to Rockville? I was going to go, but last minute the guy's decided on Skyline instead. Skyline was nice, but Rockville would have been drier!
    Gawd, that looks c-c-c-c-old.

Nope, kinda need a tour guide to Rockville. Only been once, and that was 6 years ago. Been meaning to get back there. Going to try in the next month or so. Need to have a 10 or 11am start time though, coming up from San Jose.

Proud lame eBiker

Nope, kinda need a tour guide to Rockville. Only been once, and that was 6 years ago. Been meaning to get back there.
    Stripes-1st. sorry for the non-invite. I just kinda tagged into a group already going at the last minute.

But you really need no guide for Rockville. It's all about 2miles wide by 1 mile deep. You cannot get lost. Not even if you tried! You're boxed in by roads all on sides so even if you did leap over a fence unknowingly and wind up on a road, you'd make it back to your car in 10 minutes or less.

It's a small park with a ton of trails going this way and that. Don't bother with a map, it'll just confuse you. Trust me. Just get up there and goof around for a few hours, you WILL find some cool stuff no matter where you go.

fuenstock-your photo is killer!! Yikes!! Keep the baby up high, outta the water!

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Well, after getting there at 9:30 and then reaching into my gear bag to only find ONE shoe, WTF?!!, I ran home and came back an hour later and caught up with my buddies for a few miles before they split and I tooled around for another hour fifteen having fun.

I realized that the last time I was at Rockville was my birthday, over four months ago! Yikes!!! Long lay-off. It was my first ride on dirt since Jan. 1st. so it was great to just get out and slip slide on around the place. But you know Rockville, 7 inches of rain just keeps the rocks clean and the dust down, hardly any mud.

Ran into some customers on their 29er ECDM tandem they bought a few months back out hammering along. Those two are nuts.....Auburn, Annandale, even Skyline on a tandem I could get into, but Rockville? Ouch!

I saw your FB post about the shoe as I was leaving for my ride and quickly did a equip check. Where's my glasses? Yep on the counter, so Thanks!

But more importantly WELCOME BACK! Glad to see you back on two wheels and dirt!

Ok, about that Couple on the ECDM... I don't know what makes me cringe more, the Fox Fork, or the thought of the unprotected boom tube out at RVille. Mad props to them though for hitting that place on a 8' long beast! Wow.
    -Aaron G.

Lightly salted

Nope, kinda need a tour guide to Rockville. Only been once, and that was 6 years ago. Been meaning to get back there. Going to try in the next month or so. Need to have a 10 or 11am start time though, coming up from San Jose.
    If Im free when you ride Rockville, I can guide. It's a small park, but it helps to ride with someone that knows the trails so you can piece together a nice loop with all the best parts. I can also go most weekdays. Im going again this wednesday or thursday.

Team Fearless Descender
    Now we're talkin'!

Stuff

Team Fearless Descender
    Weather man says 100% chance of rain tomorrow, so we thought we'd better get out today. Santa Monica Mtns.

Stuff

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast