mtbr member
    Jan 2010

2010 El Terremoto + angleset

Hi, I'm in love with my T'Moto, but I was interested about installing an angleset and test new geometry. I put a Work Components one with minus/plus 1 degree head angle.

Now, my medium size T'Moto numbers are:

Head angle: 67,5║ with 160 fork (now 66║ with 170 LyrikDH Coil)
    Wheel base: 112,77 (now 113,7 )
    BB Height: 35,05 (now 35,2)

Tomorrow I'll test new geometry ;-)

P.S.: I've installed angleset using a Park Tool bearing cup press Park Tool Co. ╗ HHP-3 : Home Mechanic Bearing Cup Press : Headset, but angleset sightly turns becoming disaligned. It was necessary to lock headset with a press tool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010 El Terremoto + angleset-img_9952-%5B1024x768%5D.jpg  

2010 El Terremoto + angleset-img_9953-%5B1024x768%5D.jpg  

2010 El Terremoto + angleset-img_9954-%5B1024x768%5D.jpg  

2010 El Terremoto + angleset-img_9955-%5B1024x768%5D.jpg  

2010 El Terremoto + angleset-img_9956-%5B1024x768%5D.jpg  

mtbr member
    Looking forward to hear what you think about the headset. I have a Works Components Headset on order for my X-5.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Yesterday, i could test the Angleset Untitled by endureroatipic at Garmin Connect - Details

My first impressions: New seat angle seems more confortable in big degree ascents, but minor BB height doesn't is a problem. Ascending with my lyrik 170 DH coil becomes more easy.

Agility: I don't feel my bike lazy, but in loose over hard terrain it's necessary put more weight over handbar.

The worst sensation, a really big ****: Angleset it's not a CK! You must take a choice: clearance or friction.

P.S.. Sorry for my terrible english writting

Team Chilidog!
    Bump..

For you guys runnign the works and the angleset, what do you think? Worth it? Any problems? I'm tempted to try .5 or 1 degree slacker.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Stripes, worth it , ísure!. More than one year and +2000 miles, I think the new geometry makes my T'Moto a more capable bike. With Lyrik 170 I measured 66║ instead of original 67,5║

Penalties? Difficult of installing (it's important to be precise with star nut torque for prevent clearance or friction) and maintenance with grease every 3-6 month for prevent headset noises.

I think a 170/160 bike is really a minidh bike, not an all-mountain and new angles are more logical.

P:s. If you install an angleset, go directly -1║.

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Yeah and let me know if you can find one, Stripes. I had checked out their website a while back pretty consistently and they were constantly sold out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    Bump..

For you guys runnign the works and the angleset, what do you think? Worth it? Any problems? I'm tempted to try .5 or 1 degree slacker.
    26" isn't dead, it just got FAT

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by blaklabl View Post
    Yeah and let me know if you can find one, Stripes. I had checked out their website a while back pretty consistently and they were constantly sold out.
    Which one? The works or the angleset?

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Which one? The works or the angleset?
    The Works. My Terremoto has a straight 1 1/8th head tube, and Cane Creek does not make an angle set for that, only Works does.
    26" isn't dead, it just got FAT

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by blaklabl View Post
    The Works. My Terremoto has a straight 1 1/8th head tube, and Cane Creek does not make an angle set for that, only Works does.
    Sweet.. hopefully I won't have to wait long for one. Teresa gave me the specs for the 2012 Ciclon headsets (inset headset 44mm upper, 56mm lower), so it should be easy to order.

Was it a pain to install? One of the wrenches I talked to about it said he doesn't like to install them because of how perfectly they have to be aligned. You went with a 1 degree right?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    After one year of use, Works angleset still works correctly, but without charge bearings make a little crackle. I put some grease and silence returns ;-)

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan B View Post
    After one year of use, Works angleset still works correctly, but without charge bearings make a little crackle. I put some grease and silence returns ;-)
    Grease is your friend

My BB height is now 13.6 with the travel in 140mm and HA of 66.5. I'm going to switch the rear travel to 150mm for Northstar this weekend, bringing the HA to 66 degrees which should be fine until my Cuervo is ready to roll.

No creaking in the headset. Very smooth.

2010 El Terremoto + angleset-photo-9-.jpg

El CicloPath!!!!!!!
    Nov 2012
    Grease is your friend

My BB height is now 13.6 with the travel in 140mm and HA of 66.5. I'm going to switch the rear travel to 150mm for Northstar this weekend, bringing the HA to 66 degrees which should be fine until my Cuervo is ready to roll.

No creaking in the headset. Very smooth.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(9).jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	175.7 KB 
ID:	807823

Dig that MOJO!!!!!

Proud lame eBiker
    Ride Report! Ride Report!!!
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

ventanakaz
    I wouldn't mind putting one of those on my Labruja to slack out the head angle more ;-)
    i need to ride more. building jumps takes to much time...my other hobby is kicking the crap outta my home built mook jong.

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14 View Post
    Ride Report! Ride Report!!!
    So I did two things to my bike that made it exactly the way I like it:
    - Run a 2in stroke shock like Fuenstock does (in 140mm travel mode, but the travel is at 125mm)
    - Run a 1 degree slacker head angle a la Works headset

Brings the BB down to 13.6" and slackens the HA to ~66.5 degrees.

So for non-chunky trails, this is a great setup. Very flickable, easy to kick the rear around and really fun to jump. Super stable on the DH, yet still pretty climbable. Cornering is just perfect like this.

For times I ride any rocky, I'll switch out the rear shock to the 2.25in stroke and bring the travel back to 140mm. This helps takes the edge off a bit, but in the NorCal area, there doesn't seem to be that much here that justifies it unless I take a trip to Rockville or Tahoe (or even the rare day I hit Santa Teresa).

Climbing is fine. Even brought the handlebars down a smidge, but haven't had the front wheel raise up on me at all with the Works headset. Descending is just perfect. Switchbacks require a slightly wider turn, but otherwise hasn't affected the handling.

Found out this weekend that the 150mm front/125mm rear is not good for Northstar, unless you stick to Easy Rider. Otherwise, it just beats the crap out of you. But for the relatively smooth trails in the Bay Area, it's the perfect setup.