Space Ghost

120mm on my El Rey???

Did a search but came up empty. Is anyone running a 120 on their El Rey? I am currently at 100, but was thinking of putting the fork back to 120 (when I bought it) to reduce the head angle a touch and get a little better DH performance. Right now the bike is VERY balanced. If I can keep that balance by going to a lo or no rise bar and inc. the front travel I will do it. I just don't want to go through the trouble of changing it out if the handling is going to tank. Thanks.
    "No good deed goes unpunished"

mtbr member

Sherwood says it's ok by him

I planned to use a 120mm fork for the one I was going to buy so I asked Sherwood and he says he's recieved good feedback from the people he knows who have done it and that it won't void the warranty. He also said that a rocker change will match the rear travel to the front. Fortunatly I waited to buy my El Rey so maybe I can pick up the new model.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach417
    Did a search but came up empty. Is anyone running a 120 on their El Rey? I am currently at 100, but was thinking of putting the fork back to 120 (when I bought it) to reduce the head angle a touch and get a little better DH performance. Right now the bike is VERY balanced. If I can keep that balance by going to a lo or no rise bar and inc. the front travel I will do it. I just don't want to go through the trouble of changing it out if the handling is going to tank. Thanks.
    I have a 120 on mine and love it. Also went to the 5 inch rockers and really love the change. Bike feels like its always in the sweet spot of the travel which in turn made the downhills much more fun. I run low rise bars and a 10 degree rise on the stem.

mtbr member
    May 2005

el rey

i changed mine from 100 to a 120 mm fox and added 5 inch rockers to balance it out .... i think it performs much better for the type of riding here in the northeast...i won't change it back...

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    i changed to 120mm and worked fine. now i got a wfo9 besides the ventana and returned to 100mm for enurance racing.

if somebody interested, he can have the 120mm rockers.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hellocook
    i changed to 120mm and worked fine. now i got a wfo9 besides the ventana and returned to 100mm for enurance racing.

if somebody interested, he can have the 120mm rockers.
    I am interested in the 5 inch rockers. let me know what you want to do. thanks