Thread: Whistler

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Whistler

Intending to plan a week long trip to Whistler next summer. Looking for input on where to stay (proximity vs cost), and what month(s) to go ( I want to avoid any contests or other big events). And, any other suggestions. I plan to bring just my DH bike as that is the riding I can do least where I live and what Whistler is best known for. Hoping to have 2-3 of my good friends join me. Thanks in advance for your help!

-Sean

ups and downs
    Everything you need here

Where to ride in Western Canada?
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin's Dad View Post
    Intending to plan a week long trip to Whistler next summer. Looking for input on where to stay (proximity vs cost), and what month(s) to go ( I want to avoid any contests or other big events). And, any other suggestions. I plan to bring just my DH bike as that is the riding I can do least where I live and what Whistler is best known for. Hoping to have 2-3 of my good friends join me. Thanks in advance for your help!

-Sean
    you can rent a house right on the mountains for about 1500-2000 for a week or so, you can find cheaper if you want, check out vrbo.com. july or august will be your best bets on when to go. Good idea to bring dh bike, you can rent a cross x bike for about 250 for the week dh 125 per day. just remember its expensive to ship a bike out of the country. we ship are bikes to WA and fly in to seattle then drive to whistler, it will save you some coin and its only an extra 2 hour drive and you can find some rides on the way on the north shore.

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill View Post
    Everything you need here

Where to ride in Western Canada?
    +1 -- LeeLau's got the beta!

If you're up for that long, you might want to have access to a 5-6" trailbike as well. Defintely worth it to hit up Squamish and Pemberton, and even if you don't make it out of Whistler, there's miles of epic AM/XC on the westside right outside the village.

(And a word of cultural advice: "XC" means something very different in BC than in most other places in North America. )

mtbr member
    Best place to stay; anything in "whistler village" will be close to the DH riding. Tantalus lodge is a good one for bikers they let bikes in the rooms if they're clean, in a storage room if you don't wanna clean.

Best time is first couple weeks of september, after labour day and before they stop running garbanzo chair which is middle of sept then garbo only runs on weekends for the rest of the year. Anytime July through September is good though.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Thanks for all the great info!!!

pedal up
    Dec 2009
    hey DD...

this condo i help my buddies rent out would work for you and 2 friends (depending upon your sleeping arrangements).

Whistler accommodations available [to good people]...

cheers.