mtbr member
    Jul 2011

What's between Michigan and Oregon?

I'm moving from Michigan to Oregon at the end of the month. I'll have my rigid 29er singlespeed with me and want to ride some trails along the way.

I'm planning to take I-80 to Utah and then I-84 to Oregon.

Any suggestions on trails to hit along the way?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Wyoming

If taking I-80 you'll go near Curt Gowdy State Park west of Cheyenne, WY. Haven't ridden it.
    North Fork Trail looks good, west of Laramie. Turtle Rock Loop is 15 miles east of Laramie very near I-80. If you take the route from Rock Springs to Jackson Hole the trails are endless and the scenery sweet. Then visit Yellowstone.
    Last edited by abegold; 07-18-2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: correction
    agmtb

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    If u passing by J-hole. Hit up putt-putt (North of SnowKing) Cache Creek/Game Creek Trails, if you don't have loads of time. Teton Pass has bunch of rides good (i.e.-Philllips creek, Mail Cabin to Mike Harris)-some rides you can shuttle; Snow King has a bunch of awesome trails behind it; Shadow Mountain, north of Jackson (ride up it, kinda lame to shuttle cause its short). Wilson (town before Teton pass) has some good rides. You can pick up a guide at Hoback Sports (right own Broadway across from Bubba's BBQ).

After that drive over the pass and ride some good stuff in Wydaho. Some good trail in Alta, WY. On yeah, stop by Victor Emporium for some good huckleberry shakes. Grand Targhee has lift served and is awesome.

Oh yeah, carry bear spray (you won't regret it) and noisy hubs help.

Heads up on Yellowstone & TNP. there is no biking off the road and traffic is miserable this time of the year (well traffic on 191 from Jackson up there sucks balls).

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    There have been some threads here about riding in the Fort Collins area of northern Colorado. North of there, the Black Hills in South Dakota are very beautiful.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    If you are taking I-84 be sure to stop in Boise and spend some time in the foothills. It is a great place to stop for a day and you don't have to get very far of the highway to find awesome riding.

Hulls Gulch/Camel Back Reserve is about 20 minutes from I-84 and will connect you to a lot of nice trails.

mtbr member
    Gowdy and Park City, for sure.

6" is nice at Gowdy, but it's so beautiful.....

I like full-squish and gears on them, but the Park City trails north of the fwy should be suitable. Not so pretty like the alpine stuff on the south side, but tons of flowy fun!