mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Weekend bike getaway in Southeast?

We live in southern VA on the TN/VA/NC boarders....we live 15 mins to the VA creeper trail so will go there a lot - but does anyone else have any weekend beginner friend biking adventure spot ideas in the NC, VA, TN, north GA areas?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Tsali is a lot of fun and not too advanced

http://www.imba.com/epics/tsali-trails
    whatever...

i ride a bicycle
    The trails in the Charlotte NC area may work for you.Not much climbing there and alot of the trails are pretty smooth,but well maintained and fun . I m thinking Lake Norman State Park and Sherman Branch. Check out www.tarheeltrailblazers.com for more info

Go make a difference
    If you're looking for a great weekend getaway where you can maximize ride time on some awesome trails, you can't beat Charlotte. The THTB have a great quiver of trails plus you don't have to camp! Treat yourselves to a hotel, good eats and brews and hit it hard on the bikes during the day.

If you want to get away a little more, Ducktown, TN has some great riding -- Brush Creek and Tanasi - with Tsali (mentioned earlier) and hour to the east. You can camp at Thunder Rock Campground (TVA) or I can set you up with bunkhouse or cabins that are 10 minutes from the trailheads and rafting put in.
    Charles Myrick
    33North Adventures | Owner
    Bike | Climb | Hike | Paddle
    New trips: Tibet & Bosnia!