Wanted: accomodation suggestions Fruita/Moab/Sedona trip september 2013

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  73cuda 
#1 ·
Dear fellow bikers,

Planning a 2 week bike trip end of september visiting and biking these areas:
Fruita/Grand-Junction
Moab
Sedona

I'd like to have your suggestions for affordable biker-friendly accomodations in these areas. Our group is 4 bikers, and we plan to stay in each place for several days.

Do do you have a holiday home there that we can rent or did you go there yourself and found a nice place to stay? Please let me know!

#2 ·
When we go to Fruita we stay at the Ballanced Rock Motel. Nice place and easy access to about everything and reasonable price.

In Moab we stay at the Bowen Motel, right on Main Street only acouple of blocks from three bike shops and they only charge a buck to keep your bike in the room. We've been staying there every fall since the late 80's.

Haven't been to Sedona.

#6 ·
I camped at the James Robb campground - $24 a night with a pad that has electric and water hookups and pad can hold 2 good size tents. Shower and laundry facilities (quarter operated) onsite. Sits right in town on the river.

#8 ·
The Sedona Real is mtn biker friendly. They allow bikes in their rooms and have a fire pit and bike wash station. If you use the code OTE when booking online you get a 20% discount. The OTE is for Over the Edge, a cool bike shop in Sedona.

Enjoy... I will be there in October :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.