Thread: Vermont?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Vermont?

I know Vermont is well known for skiing (downhill), but what about mountain biking in the summer? Specifically curious if it has technical trail riding rather than downhill, or at least challenging single track? Appreciate any feedback.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    The Kingdom trails sytem in East Burke is a real XC paradise. It is huge and has trails for every level. I think the the entire area has over 100 miles of trails. There is also a downhill section with lift access. There are nice B&Bs and a quiet campground in or near the village. The trails I took were not too technical though but I was there with my 11 year old son so we stayed on the intermediate trails. I'm sure there are plenty of technical trails.The trails are known to drain very quickly and the views on the green mountains are splendid. There are also numerous other sites like Stowe and Harrington but I have never tried these trails. One thing is certain you will have plenty of great riding in Vermont.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Google the Vermont mountain Bike Association. Lots of good riding inVt. All of New England

Desert Seeker
    Vermont has plenty of challenging single track as well as technical riding. A few examples: Millstone in Barre; Perry Hill in Waterbury; Carse Hills in the Fellowship of the Wheels (FOTW) network (Fellowship of the Wheel) (greater Burlington area); Sleepy Hollow (http://www.skisleepyhollow.com/mt-bi...ntain-biking); and the trails around Stowe, among others. Staying in the greater Stowe area would make for pretty easy access to all of these areas. Kingdom Trails would also be within a 1.5 hour or so drive.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    You would do well to take a vacation to Vermont in the summer. Great riding! Stowe is awesome/ technical lots of climbing and long downhills, for the East coast. Millstone- built around a quarry, great tech riding. Kingdom- xc paradise not much tech. Green mountain trails in Pittsfield is a fun short spot, Perry hill is a very fun place to go, big steep climb right out of the gate to get to the trails though. Pine hill park is a well maintained park that has some fun riding. There are a ton of other trails. We take 6 to 10 weekends a year to head up there to camp and ride. You could do an awesome 2 week trip and ride great different trails while staying in a few central locations. This is a pretty good listing of the trails up there, singletracks dot com/Vermont-bike-trails

mtbr member
    Weekend:
    if you are looking for fun tech trails you should come to central VT. I live, ride & own a B&B in Waitsfield. I happily take guest out on mtb rides to sample the goods. We have 5-6 distinct areas just in the Mad River Valley and a short drive will get you on the Waterbury, Stowe & Millstone Trail systems. Shoot me a PM if you want more info.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Just in case it's not glaringly obvious from the replies above - yes, Vermont is an epic vacation destination for mountain biking. I do not live VT, but did recently relocate to southern New England from the west and head up to VT as much as possible for riding. I would move there if my job allowed it. Timing with the weather is the only challenge.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    +1 for Kingdom Trails in East Burke. I have been to just about every major MTB destination and East Burke is one one of the best for my style of riding: fast, deep woods, XC singletrack. Great daytime temps in the summer too.