Thread: vegas

mtbr member
    May 2009

vegas

i'm in vegas for a day in march and i'd like to get a ride in.
    it's not worth the hassle to fly my bike out there, so i'll be renting. is there good riding within a reasonable distance from the strip? any good demo shops?

it'll be a morning ride while everyone else is sleeping off the night before so i'll probably be getting the rental the day before, unless by some miracle there's a shop that does hotel dropoffs.

Big B's Trails
    What type of terrain/bike are you looking for?
    I dig dirt!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Bootleg Canyon in Boulder City, Nevada is about a 45 minute drive east of the strip. There is plenty of XC and downhill riding to be had there. All Mountain Cyclery in Boulder City rents bikes. The Cowboy trails are on the west side of Vegas about a 30 minute drive from the strip. Don't know anything about bike rentals in the Vegas area.

Big B's Trails
    That's why I asked what the type of riding he was looking for is.... Bootleg is fun but farther than a lot of other trails.... And on the west side Mcghies and Las Vegas Cyclery both rent bikes ...albeit different styles/brands
    So again to the OP what are you looking for as far as a ride xc/am/dh?
    I dig dirt!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Since I'm renting I guess I'm open to terrain. I normally ride xc but depending on the trail I'll just rent whatever's appropriate. I guess in the interest of maximizing fun id prefer to minimize climbing.

Big B's Trails
    If your staying on the "strip" and want it to be close and easy then call either Las Vegas Cyclery or McGhies Bikes N Boards and rent from them theyre very close to either BBT(xc/tech) or Cowboy Trails (am/tech) which are 20 min tops from the strip and even closer to either shop you rent from(Mcghies is less than 3 miles from BBT trailhead)
    I dig dirt!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Thanks. I found the LV cyclery online. I'll hit em up as the date approaches.

Proud American
    I'm shocked nobody has suggested Cottowood trail system. It'll provide the most versatility, that is, the most riding options. Rent from LV Cyclery or Mcghies or Broken Spoke and ask them how to get there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    is there dirtjumps around vegas?