mtbr member

Tucson Ride and Rental info March 2012

I would greatly appreciate some info on a MTB trail and Bike Rental in Tucson AZ.

I will be spending 7 days in Tucson this March (03/05/2012 - 03/12/2012) and would really like some info with regards to some riding options there.

I would of course need to rent a proper mountainbike or at least a bike that will be able to take me where I need to go and back.

I am an average rider of the All mountain discipline XC to light freeride (my 6inch travel bike has to stay home, I am from South Africa). My rides vary from between 10 - 30 miles per ride. I believe that the harder I work pedling up-hill the more rewarding the downhill should be, but then again I just want to ride. I love the technical stuff as much as any flowy trail and basically just the ride.

Getting to where I have to be will be no issue, joining a group of riders will be fun, getting some directions to a trailhead will be an adventure, any info will surely be of great help.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Fair Wheels rents, middle of town by the University of Arizona.
    Another option is Way Out West a little north of town in Catalina, right by the 50 Year Trail network, an excellent trail system. They are a cool bed and breakfast with lots of wildlife visiting the property. Cannondale bikes.
    I've been a local trail guide so know all the trails around the area.
    agmtb

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Tucson Ride and Rental Info

Stayed at Way Out West several years ago and had a great time. Mary and CJ were excellent hosts. Plenty of fun trails right out their backdoor.

mtbr member
    Many thanks for the info, I'll be in contact with them.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    you guys know of any other places to ride in az? looking for some fun trails but also the chance to do some dirtjumping?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Phoenix has trails all around town, espically east but as summer's here, wait till October.
    Prescott has several interesting trails and more will be built as IMBA is planning to make it a MTB ride center.
    Sedona is magical with over 450 miles of trails in a beautiful setting.
    Flagstaff has great trails on the San Francisco Peaks. Some of the coolest summer riding in the state.
    The White Mountains of eastern AZ also has numerous trials, my favorites, South Fork and Los Burros.
    Also some cool trails on the Pinelenos which includes Mt Graham, tallest mountain in southern AZ.
    Some around Page, too.
    Then there's the AZ Trail, 810 miles long so thru many different environments. And the Black Canyon Trail between northern Phoenix and Prescott Valley, 79 miles. Rainbow Rim on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, 19 miles long, amazing views.
    agmtb