mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Trip to Oakridge, OR anyone?

Hello!

I wanted to pass along a trip we are planning to Oakridge, OR. Some of you may be familiar with Mountain Bike Oregon, and this is being put on by the same folks. I have been going to MBO for the past 6 years, and also rendezvous with some other folks there.

If you're not familiar with Oakridge, it has some of the most lush, green, tacky trails ever! The kind of trails that actually feel like they cushion you as you roll on them. Not so much BC style, just good cross country type trails that go down a lot. You could bring a 6" bike, or a rigid single speed. I'll likely bring both.

This year we wanted it to be more and less. More riding and less people. Everything else is pretty much the same, the amazing trails, the great service Randy provides, the "bring your bike and we'll take care of the rest" sort of trip. Believe me, it will be worth the trip! Quick summary:

first day of pedaling is Saturday, July 28
    3 and 5 day option
    $600 or $1000
    betting on about 30 miles a day
    camping, food, shuttles included
    trip capped at 24 riders

If this is something that interests you let me PM me and I'll get some more info to you. I will be driving up from the SF Bay area and may be able to carpool. Some other folks will be driving up from Reno and I have a friend flying from PA to do the trip. Gonna be one for the books for sure!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Itinerary update! With a lot of help from Randy, Roland, and Tom we have more data to help plan the trip. Still flexible though and we'll plan for bail points just in case . Here's the latest summary:

Sat - 17K (17K down, 3.5K up, 45 miles)
    Sunday - Bunchgrass/Heckletooth (8300 down, 3700 up, 30 miles)
    Monday - Big day on Alpine (6300 down, 3100 up, 35-ish miles)
    Tuesday - Upper Middle Fork + Moon Point (9000 down, 2600 up, 41 miles)
    Wednesday - Still up in the air, but we ain't done yet!

Again, we may change it on the fly, depending on energy levels. I'm SURE there are some psyched riders out there that this appeals to. I think I'm gonna be plum tuckered after this one, regardless! It's going to be fantastic! Better get pedaling...

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    T minus 60 days! Time to start making travel plans! Anyone else here up for some great riding in Oakridge?

Dirty minded
    Nov 2008
    when you say camping is included does that include tent and everything else associated with camping?
    Or are individuals responsible for their own camping equipment?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Hi! So, I should have been more clear. Camping included means that there is a space set up for us to camp and the infamous Honey Buckets will be available. We are responsible for providing our own camping gear. Similar to MBO, but in a different location in Oakridge.