mtbr member

Thanksgiving vacation

looking for locations for a good mountain biking vacation during thanksgiving week. I'm In Houston so not to sure who has snow by Thanksgiving and who doesn't.

mtbr member
    Not sure how far you're willing to travel, but in most years the St. George/Hurricane Utah area is open to riding in November. I have ridden Gooseberry Mesa on thanksgiving weekend before and the weather was agreeable, if chilly. Albuquerque N.M. and Phoenix/Sedona, Arizona are other places to consider.

Pedaler
    If you don't mind some travel, check out Mulberry Gap Mountain Bike Get-A-Way in the North Georgia Mountains.

Rohloff
    I'm from Austin. Not a big trip but the riding here is great in November. That said, I've spent every Thanksgiving traveling and riding for the last few years. I have found Southern Arizona around Phoenix/Tucsan and Sedona to be the best places to go (ie. pleasent temperatures). A lot of other places are iffy unless the weather is holding out late into the Fall.

I was eyeing Moab every year for late November warm spell. I finally broke down and came in early October. I'm in Moab now. The weather was great, but a wet cold front is blowing through. It's going to put a damper on things for a day or two but the weather is suppose to become pleasent again soon.