mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Spring Break destination rides for 8 & 12 year olds for SF?

My kids and I are looking to drive to biking destinations over Spring Break anywhere in CA starting from San Francisco.

8 year old has a rocking Kona 24 and is not afraid to ride (but hates big rocky trails). 12 year old loves it all on a Stumpy FSR. We ride together or not at all.

We love skill parks, pump tracks, smooth roller coaster XC trails.

Examples of our favorite Bay Area rides include Pleasanton Bike Park, Shoreline trail (end to end) in China Camp, and American River bike path in Sacramento.

We are willing to drive anywhere from SF all the way to Oregon border or as far south down to Mexican boarder if it is worth the gas to spend the whole day then drive to the next destination.

Kinda like a father/son visit all the ballparks tour.

I didn't realize this forum had a Vacations & Destinations area and posted this question in a regional forum. Trying here to expand on the ideas I already have which are:
    - Boggs (Napa)
    - Paradise Royal (Humbolt)
    - Fort Ord by Salinas

We are missing good pump or jump parks like Pleasanton.

Who's got the killer ideas for young, wanna be bikers?
    2012 Niner Jet 9 RDO (Tang, XTR groupo)
    2011 Giant Reign 2 (XT groupo)

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

I'm bummed

Mendocino did'nt make the list.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nugjug View Post
    Mendocino did'nt make the list.
    I could. I am looking for specific recommendations for these ages. Do you have a Mendocino area recommendation?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

I know I can make your kids experience great

And you will be a hero. If you do Boggs,Paradise Royal and Mendocino. Captain Cobb will take care of Boggs, I''ll take JDSF and PR is self contained or I,m sure someone will step up and show off PR.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nugjug View Post
    And you will be a hero. If you do Boggs,Paradise Royal and Mendocino. Captain Cobb will take care of Boggs, I''ll take JDSF and PR is self contained or I,m sure someone will step up and show off PR.
    During the week? Spring Break forces me to not work April 9-13 which is a lot to ask for such personalized touring!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

All I need is one day notice

Quote Originally Posted by duffin View Post
    During the week? Spring Break forces me to not work April 9-13 which is a lot to ask for such personalized touring!
    I sure Captain Cobb would want to show off Boggs with his kids if it worked out.I'll not go to work and ride.