mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Singletrack in Europe

My comrades in the US need to come over and check out the sickness that is European Singletrack. Despite the success of Euro mountain bikers in all categories and the denser population of Europe, I have found that the masses do not touch the singletrack. There is so much that is so good, so big, and so beautiful to ride. Here is the latest video I made: it is geared towards folks that will be renting bikes at the hotel, so not exactly the crew reading this forum. I had to leave out the rad singletrack, but I promise it lurks behind this awesome scenery. The second video shows off more of the goods.

https://vimeo.com/39180657

https://vimeo.com/30592700

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Look amasing !

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    awesome videos

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    outstanding, my kind of riding. Where was the second video filmed?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    The second video was filmed in Ridanna, Italy. The old dude at the hut was awesome! He handed out beers out of disbelief that we were riding "his" singletrack. Compare that to Marin!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Beautiful, have ridden close to that location, is great, also try up in the swiss and french alps

AZ Biker Chick
    Nov 2006
    So where exact were u? Did u rent the MTB? Looking for 2013. Trying to decide between austria, Italy or Switzerland. Thanks for any beta

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by goldbergace View Post
    So where exact were u? Did u rent the MTB? Looking for 2013. Trying to decide between austria, Italy or Switzerland. Thanks for any beta
    Like most trips, it comes down to how much time you have. I am in Innsbruck with easy access to most of the riding in Austria and Northern Italy. I have also traveled with the mtb in the French Alps. France is the busiest with the densest infrastructure, the Italy, and finally Austria. I personally enjoy how quiet and beautiful Austria is compared to the other two. Without know exactly what sort of mountain biking you want to do, it would be hard to make any recommendations. A common theme in the Alps is that the trails are to difficult to ascend. Fortunately there are either lifts or forest roads to get up with clear trails for the descent. The majority of "mountain bikers" here ride the dirt roads instead of the trails, so information can be hard to find.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Garda is a perfect location for riding. You can take a lift to Mt.Baldo or shuttle car to other locations (Tremalzo, Mt. Altissimo 601 trail...) there is plenty of trails with epic views. I was there on may and love it.
    Second movie looks like austrian alps. If you go there, check this www(dot)big-5(dot)at

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Hi,
    What time of year is best? I am thinking November. Is it too cold then?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by onobed View Post
    Hi,
    What time of year is best? I am thinking November. Is it too cold then?
    Thanks
    That is pushing it. Certainly too cold for anything north of Italy. In Italy, the lower trails will definitely be open and the high ones can be. Be warned that most all services will be closed that time of year. The upside is that you will have it all to yourself if you find an open hotel and do not need lifts.