Thread: Sedona riding?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Sedona riding?

I'm going to Sedona in Sept for vacation with the wifey and was looking for suggestions on some epic trails.The wife isn't riding and I don't like riding alone in an unfamiliar place.
    So far on my hit list is the Hangover trail but am looking for other suggestions as well.
    Also some rentals and/or tour guide info or a local group ride to hook up with would be great.
    Strong veteran rider looking for some serious but not FR based trails.
    Thanks in advance, Eric
    Eric S

dwt
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebreez
    I'm going to Sedona in Sept for vacation with the wifey and was looking for suggestions on some epic trails.The wife isn't riding and I don't like riding alone in an unfamiliar place.
    So far on my hit list is the Hangover trail but am looking for other suggestions as well.
    Also some rentals and/or tour guide info or a local group ride to hook up with would be great.
    Thanks in advance, Eric
    I was in your exact shoes last year. I only was able ("allowed") to ride one day, so I rented a bike and hired a guide at Bike 'n Bean. That way I wasted no time and got to ride exactly what I wanted. The crew is very friendly and I recommend the shop highly. Call them about group rides or a guide. You'll have a much better time and it will be much easier finding your way around if you can hang with locals.
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Do Highline and Hangover in one day. That'll give you your exposure fix for a while.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

mtbr member
    Post up in the AZ forum as your trip gets closer. There will be folks willing to ride with you and show you around. The serious stuff is for the most part off the grid. There are shop rides from Mountain Bike Heaven on sundays. Dave at Fat Tire has a rental fleet of Ibis HDs. Bike-n-Bean rents Santa Cruz and Absolute Bikes carries Spec and Giant.

The three H's are the most renowned for being epic and "serious". HO is for sure a must. Combining the Hogs with Highline should also be on your short list. Damifino to Damifido to Killer B or Lavitra is also quite good and a longer ride than HO. A loop with Chuckwagon-Gunslinger-Mescal-Airie out in the Dry Creek area won't disappoint. And there's a new trail still on the low down that is worthy of H status in that area as well.

Red tires
    Quote Originally Posted by joebreez
    Thanks in advance, Eric
    You are coming at a perfect time. Tail end of monsoon season. I live in Sedona with back gate opening to trails. Please consider messaging me in July or so. For tours, seek out Cosmic Ray, Absolute Bikes...

Red tires
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman
    Post up in the AZ forum as your trip gets closer. There will be folks willing to ride with you and show you around. The serious stuff is for the most part off the grid. There are shop rides from Mountain Bike Heaven on sundays. Dave at Fat Tire has a rental fleet of Ibis HDs. Bike-n-Bean rents Santa Cruz and Absolute Bikes carries Spec and Giant.

The three H's are the most renowned for being epic and "serious". HO is for sure a must. Combining the Hogs with Highline should also be on your short list. Damifino to Damifido to Killer B or Lavitra is also quite good and a longer ride than HO. A loop with Chuckwagon-Gunslinger-Mescal-Airie out in the Dry Creek area won't disappoint. And there's a new trail still on the low down that is worthy of H status in that area as well.
    Great advice.