mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Sedona mtn biking

When is the best time to plan a trip to Sedona to do a bit of mtn biking? Also, any trails in particular that the gf and I should plan on riding while there?

one sick puppy
    Jeepers, spaceboyrr, what did you do to get shunned. I'm from Illinois, so can't give you much of an answer. I've ridden Sedona a couple times and both were in the spring. A good time and I would think fall would be primo as well. As far as trails, I guess it depends on how experienced you and your GF are. Maybe some Sedonuts will chip in. You probably get a better response by sending this over to the Arizona section. Lots of Sedona info over there.
    Saddle up, Effendi. We ride.

mtbr member
    OP, have a look at the stick in the AZ forum. Best riding season in Sedona is late Sept to Nov and March-April. May will start getting hot but not too bad. Dec-Jan-Feb can also be quite good but can also be cold and wet. But generally we ride all winter long without much issue. By comparison, Sedona is a bit warmer in the winter months than Moab. That said, a winter storm can still drop snow that low (~4500' elev).
    "Fart in a paper bag, after eating the #17 plate from filibertos. STRAVA!" M77Ranger.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenJordan View Post
    I think the summer season would be better to plan the trip to Sedona. May to October would be the best time. Some adventurous activities couls also be available in the winter time.
    That's true, plan your trip while in June-July while its 100F+. Go in the winter when it's 50F+ but feels 10 to 20 degrees warmer because the rocks absorb the heat.
    "Fart in a paper bag, after eating the #17 plate from filibertos. STRAVA!" M77Ranger.