mtbr member

Santiago, Chile!!

Hi mtbr, I'm going to go visit my brother from march 19th to april 9th, 2014 I would have to rent a bike and gear or maybe borrow. I love all types of riding but prefer downhill. Just looking to meet some cool people, ride bikes, drink some beers and make new friends. I'm 26 years old and speak fluent spanish. Thanks mtbr!

Sacred Rides
    Hey Slimphatty:

We (Sacred Rides) run a 9-day trip in Chile that almost coincides with your dates:

http://www.sacredrides.com/singletra...urfsingletrack. The April trip starts on the 5th, so you could join a few of the days...
    Keep ridin',

Mike Brcic, customer happiness manager,
    Sacred Rides Mountain Bike Adventures
    http://www.sacredrides.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Slimphatty....please check your PM's. Message has been sent to you. Thanks.

mtbr member
    If you make it out to the coast at Viņa del Mar/Valparaiso, an hour and a half from Santiago, send me a PM or reply to this thread. I am more of a XC rider, but I can point you to some of the good spots here. There are definitely a few good freeride/bike park type areas, although I don't think it is possible to shuttle them.

As far as Santiago, check out Las Varas and El Durazno bike park, both on the east side of the city up against the Andes foothills. There is also riding right in the center of the city at Cerro San Cristobal, although I would be careful there, or perhaps only ride in the morning; google "asaltos cerro san cristobal" on google.cl for more details on that.

Since you speak Spanish, there is tons of info on the MTBR of Chile, bikemontt.com/foro Sometimes there are group rides too, it's very similar to MTBR, just all in Spanish.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SFChristo View Post
    If you make it out to the coast at Viņa del Mar/Valparaiso, an hour and a half from Santiago, send me a PM or reply to this thread. I am more of a XC rider, but I can point you to some of the good spots here. There are definitely a few good freeride/bike park type areas, although I don't think it is possible to shuttle them.

As far as Santiago, check out Las Varas and El Durazno bike park, both on the east side of the city up against the Andes foothills. There is also riding right in the center of the city at Cerro San Cristobal, although I would be careful there, or perhaps only ride in the morning; google "asaltos cerro san cristobal" on google.cl for more details on that.

Since you speak Spanish, there is tons of info on the MTBR of Chile, bikemontt.com/foro Sometimes there are group rides too, it's very similar to MTBR, just all in Spanish.
    Thanks. I will check that out as well. I definitely want to ride DH in South America some time soon.