C'dale Rush Lefty
    Jun 2004

San Jose to Moab ride share for the Outerbike Demo Days! First week of October 2013.

I would love to go to the big Outerbike festival in Moab the first week of October! I can't afford a second trip there this year so need to share expenses - and stories :-)

You can demo the hottest bikes on fantastic trails! Outerbike is located at the Moab Brand Trails so there are plenty of interesting trails to ride right there or head for Slickrock, Porky, or dozens of other trails. Outerbike costs $175 for the 3 days and includes demo bikes and lunches.

I have a mid-size van, a Moab veteran Ford Aerostar, that will take 4 riders and bikes to Moab and back. I would like to make this a 10 - 16 day trip. I've done this trip many times. It is about 1,000 miles so I budget 2,200 miles and $400 for gas.

Campsites in the RV parks include showers, hot tub and cost about $31/night for 4 people. My preference is Moab Valley Resort which is right on the Colorado River with beautiful views of the red rock walls nearby. Sometimes houses are available on AirBnb cheap instead of camping.

Outerbike - Home

Anyone want to go for a ride?

Jim

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Hey Jim

I might be down to join you. I'm already signed up for Outberbike and I have a cabin at the Moab Valley RV resort reserved. I was planning on making the journey solo but it might be nice to split some costs.

I'm thinking on leaving September 27 and coming back on October 10.

I live up in Marin

Brandon

C'dale Rush Lefty
    Jun 2004
    Brandon,

That would work for me. Usually I rent a cabin with my wife but I'm trying to cut costs. We were there for most of two weeks in April and the road trip budget is strained. In the middle of that trip we drove over to Fruita for their Fat Tire Festival and had some amazing rides! The Lunch Loops across the Colorado River, mostly a creek this year, vary from flow to highly technical. We're going back next April!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I definitely want to hit up Fruita when I'm over there. That place looks amazing!

I have a friend that's trying to make the trip, so if that happens my plans would change a little, but I will keep you posted.