Aussie Battler
    Sep 2005

Riding destinations on the east side.

My wife and I are traveling to the US (from Oz) for a couple of weeks from Monday. Originally it was 2.5 days work in Las Vegas, head to South Lake Tahoe and spend a week riding, then a couple of days in Downieville and then back to LA and on a plane. It now appears that I will have to do a couple of days work in Columbus, OH in our second week.
    I'll burn a full day travelling to get there from Reno. (Not to mention repack the bikes and risk them being lost or damaged by baggage handlers on the extra flights I didn't want to take.) And by the time I've done all that it'll hardly be worth building the bikes again before we have to get back to LA to fly out.
    I'm think we'll get a lot more riding in if pick another destination in the general vicinity of Ohio. We've never done any riding over that side. I hear there is good riding in West Virginia..??.

We like XC/AM type backcountry trails with good views etc. A cool town with good food to hang out. Not looking for bike park stuff. We like tech, we like riding up hills and general punishment. We had planned to bring our SS's but could bring bouncy bikes if the riding called for it. (we bring bouncy bikes when we go to Sedona/ Tuscon etc)

Hit me with some suggestions for destinations.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Allegrippis Trails in Central PA (aka Raystown Lake). Fast and Flowy.