mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Post-Sandy Pisgah/Dupont/Bent Creek??

I will be arriving in the Asheville, NC area on 12Nov and had planned to do a few days of mtn biking. I hear there was a buttload of snowfall from Sandy. Is this true? If so, will it melt before my arrival? Was there wind damage to the trails in the area? Will trails likely be open and rideable?

WTB 29 allmountain wheels
    Nov 2012
    I haven't been but my friends that live there have pics with almost a foot of snow. I would not expect there to be wind damage though. I'm in Charleston and we didn't get any wind and we're right on the coast, closer to the path of the storm. Try calling The Hub at 49 Pisgah Highway #6 Pisgah Forest, NC 28768 (828) 884-8670. Great guys, service, and you can hit the trails right from their parking lot so they know conditions by the hour. Have fun!

WTB 29 allmountain wheels
    Nov 2012
    Did I mention they have a bar with several beers on tap? Great BBQ next door too. I kinda love that place!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Don't worry about the trails. They next 4 days look great with sun and mild temps. We got snow in Asheville, but nothing stuck in Asheville or Brevard. The higher mountains got lots of snow, but that is not where the trails are located. We have gotten light rain the past two days, but everything will dry in the next day or two. It is supposed to be in the 50's and 60's the next few days, so by the weekend the trails will be really nice. There are always new downed trees to negotiate, but we have a great volunteer trail crew (Pisgah Area Sorba and others) that get to a lot of the major trees after storms. Have fun on your trip and keep riding! Home - Pisgah Mountain Bike Adventures

Rogue Exterminator
    Trail conditions are fine and Sandy had very little affect on us this far inland.
    Spent 30 miles in Dupont yesterday and it was perfect.
    You wouldn't have even known there was a storm.
    Temperatures start dropping a little tomorrow so pack accordingly.

Will probably head to Bent Creek for a bit today.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I get on the plane in less than an hour. I should be on the trails tomorrow (Tuesday)!

With only three days or riding, I think Dupont and Bent Creek are on the agenda with an, as yet, undetermined third day venue.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    We rode yesterday at Dupont and today at Bent Creek. Tomorrow is Pisgah. Conditions are great, if not a little cool. But, no bugs and no humidity!