mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Phildelphia to Pisgah and back?

I am planning road trip.

was thinking a day to patapsco outside of dc
    stay night somewhere ager a few more hoours of driving.
    arrive asheville.
    ride pisgah 2 fulll days
    drive
    hit one more spot on way home.
    hed back up to phildelphia.

too much for 5 days?

Go make a difference
    Not all if you're in riding shape! Patapsco is a fun ride and Pisgah, well, it's fun and tough. When are you planning to be in Pisgah? I'm always up for a couple days there and need to get some good training miles in up there.
    Charles Myrick
    33North Adventures | Owner
    Bike | Climb | Hike | Paddle
    New trips: Tibet & Bosnia!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    not sure yet of dates. fun and tough- perfect. one of my favorite rides of the last year was millstone in Vt. work for every pedal stroke! the enchilada was awesome too.....

we usually do 5 day trips riding 4 of them.....

mtbr member
    you'll have fun at both! I'm assuming you know all of the trails in Philadelphia also.. (I moved from east falls - just at one of the Wissy trailheads - to DC where I can ride Patapsco - and went to Pisgah about a year and a half ago.. a day in between pisgah and patapsco for sure.. Maybe hit up white clay, which is mostly flat, on the way home? If you have the ability, hit up Fountain Head (south of DC) on your way home or there - it's a really fun 9-10 mile loop. It was just re-done and while it's still got technical spots, it's got a really fun, smooth and flowing bermed section too!

One Gear
    If you can, leave Philly early and hit Patapsco in the morning so you can get around DC in the middle of the day. If you hit 495 after 2pm you're hosed. Or start on the weekend.