Thread: Ozark Mts Trip

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Ozark Mts Trip

Me and some buddies are looking to go ride some trails in Arkansas over our spring break. We will probably stay around Hot Springs. Does anybody know any good trails around that area? Or must do things around there. We will probably be staying around 4 days at a place called catherines landing. Anyone stayed there? Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Re: Ozark Mts Trip

Should be tons of riding there. Unfortunately I cant point it out being Im from NEA. I can tell you though that if you'd like to get on some water during your trip you should check out Lake Hamilton.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Cedar Glades is just outside Hot Springs & is a great place to ride. The Lake Ouachita Vista Trail (LOViT) isn't too far either and there's quite a bit of singletrack there. Just past that is the epic Womble trail. If you want to go a bit further south, there's Iron Mountain just outside Arkadelphia along the shores of Lake DeGray.

Here's a good link to the mtb trails in Arkansas.

Home

When are you going to be in Hot Springs for spring break? There's actually a 6-hr mtb race at Cedar Glades on March 16th.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Team Livemedium
    womble. womble. and womble. we started at the fishing village and headed west. womble.

oh and stay here Arkansas Cabins at RiverView Cabins & Canoes in Oden Arkansas on the Ouachita River.
    they have hot tubs on the back porch. Get cabin 7 or 9.
    Keep trying to do the awesomest thing you've ever done.

mtbr member
    Cedar Glades is 5 minutes from downtown hot springs and is my favorite trail in central Arkansas. Its about 10 miles long if you do the entire thing.

Iron Mountain is legit too. It's off of lake degray. Progressive Trail Design just finished 7 more miles of trail out their and includes a 1 mile downhill flow trail.

The Vista Trails (LOVIT) off lake Quachita as supposed to be pretty sweet, but i haven't ridden there. It's out and back unless you have two cars with you.

Womble is just off lake Quachita and is an IMBA "epic" rated trail. It's pretty XC oriented from what i understand, so if you're rocking a long trail bike, it could be a long day. again, this too is not a loop. 38 miles one way.

Hope that helps.