mtbr member
    Jun 2012

NorCal - Moab Need Ride Ideas

Making a road trip to Moab from Marin County, CA and I need some ride suggestions. I heard there is some good stuff in Park City but that's about it. I'm willing to drive quite a bit out of my way so any suggestions will help.

Thanks

C'dale Rush Lefty
    Jun 2004
    Thunder Mountain Trail on the west side of Bryce Canyon N.P. is a blast! I explain the trail on YouTube: Mountain Biking The Thunder Mountain Trail For Intermediates - A Trail Analysis - YouTube

I don't have a trail analysis video produced yet but Gooseberry Mesa near the entrance to Zion N.P. is a real sleeper. Check the videos online. For years I thought it was just another mesa top and not worth riding. Nope, there is a mesa top but eroded into it are fantastically technical trails. On South Rim Trail there are adventures around every juniper.

Both of these are on the way to Moab from the SF Bay Area through Vegas. When traveling on weekdays then a night in Vegas is cheap. The next day ride Gooseberry a couple of hours north of Vegas. The following day ride Thunder Mountain early in the morning, breakfast at Harolds Place, then a beautiful drive to Moab.

Jim