mtbr member
    Oct 2009

New Zealand Tours?

I am looking at doing a trip to New Zealand next year and was wondering if anyone had any experience with guides/tours out there? I have found Big Mountain Adventures and Sacred Rides but would like to know if there are any other companies worth considering. Looking at about a 2 week trip. Not looking for a XC trip more of a All Mountain trip(with possibly a DH day thrown in).

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Alternately does anyone have feedback on the Sacred Rides or Big Mountain Adventures trips so I can decide between the two.

mtbr member
    We just got back from a trip about 3 weeks ago. Did a mountain biking day with Escape Adventures in Takaka (north end of the South Island).

Escape Adventures

They provide rental and shuttles to mountain bike tracks in the Golden Bay and Nelson area. Good people, the rental bikes were in good shape and they provided detailed directions and maps. We rode Canaan Downs and the Rameka Track and had a great ride. A couple people we shuttled with were doing the multi-day guided option and had good things to say about all the rides they had done.
    I drank the 29er koolaid- turns out it was POWERade

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Are you looking at spending time in one particular area, or want to see as much as possible of the country?

Sacred Rides
    Hi Kwisatz:

Mike here with Sacred Rides. Not sure if you've made your decision yet, but thought I'd pipe in just to let you know what you will get should you choose to join us on our Misty Mountain Hop adventure.

-an incredible 12-day itinerary, including heli-biking and some of the most unbelievable singletrack you'll ever ride
    -a 100% satisfaction guarantee (if you're not 100% satisfied, for whatever reason, we'll give you a free trip. If you're still not satisfied after that trip we'll refund your money)
    -Amazing local guides
    -The benefit of 18 years of experience in the industry, and National Geographic Adventure's "#1 mountain bike tour company on Earth" rating
    -Awesome pre-Ride support, including an online support centre, a Rider Happiness Manager dedicated to supporting your trip, and a free 41-page booklet, "The Ultimate Guide to Mountain Bike Travel"

We take wowing our customers very seriously, and should you choose to join us, you'll find out exactly how we do that. Please feel free to drop me a line at mike@sacredrides.com if you have any questions.

Cheers!
    Keep ridin',

Mike Brcic, customer happiness manager,
    Sacred Rides Mountain Bike Adventures
    http://www.sacredrides.com