mtbr member

MTB + windsurfing destinations (Canary Islands)

Hello!

I am an avid biker as well as windsurfer. Have always been travelling to practice only 1 of those sports. Now I wanna try to do both. The fist that came to my mind - Canary Islands!

Lots of wind + wave spots. And pretty much mountains there...

What island should I choose best? Now I am thinking of Gran Canaria - heard there are great trails. I'll take my trail/AM prophet with me.

May be I should reconsider my choice? Other island or absolutely different place?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I don't know much about Gran Canaria, but I lived on Tenerife for 5 months and both mountain biked and wind surfed there. El Medano had pretty sweet wind surfing, and theres some great mountain biking too. Some really steep and intense (or at least I thought) singletrack, and mellow two track but not much in the middle. Depending on your budget it might be nice to hire a guide or rent a car, but the public transportation there makes everthing easy to get at if your flexible and patient.
    Let me know if you decide to go there and I can give you more info.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I dont know too much about that place. But I do know of an awesome place that does offer both MTB and Windsurfing In Punta San Carlos, Baja. It defiantly has wind and waves for endless down the line wave riding and same with the endless flowing mtb trails. Just google solosports adventure holidays. Its a blast down there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Hood River, OR

A wind surfing and kite boarding mecca with an amazing amount of singletrack.

mtbr member
    I did St. Lucia around 2003. Stayed at an all inclusive that had windsurfers and there was a snorkeling/mtn bike park on the other side of the island. Not ideal but fun.

I cannot yet post links. The biking company was Bike St. Lucia. Google them.

Also considered Dom Rep.