mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Looking for Vacation ideas...

Greetings and such...

I've been researching some vacation mountain bike destinations, and want some input on other places to look. Location must be warm... 60's and 70s in late april/early may.

I'm looking for more than 4 and less than 7 days of riding. A place with a shuttle to the top of a mountain and a long 15-35 mile down hill would be awesome. I'm ok with typical cross country riding for half the time too, but I do want a shuttle service for some longer downhill rides.

I'm going to need to rent a bike... something like a Yeti 575 or a 7.

I would like to be off the beaten path. Moab seems awesome, but it gets pricey and late april is busy with 4x4 people and other things. I feel like Moab is going to be my best bet though... anyone have any other ideas?? Solo rides are fine too, I'm comfortable in new places and in the middle of the wilderness. Colorado seems like theres a lot of snow during april/may still.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Great riding in Veracruz, Mexico.

You should come to Coatepec, Veracruz in Mexico. One of the best places for mountain biking , eating and having coffe, jusy by Cofre de Perote Mountain over 13,000 ft height.
    It is a small and relaxed mexican town, surrounded by some of the highest mountains of North America, like the Pico de Orizaba (18,500 ft above sea level)
    come and take one of our great xc, all mountain, or downhill tours.

We are a group of local guides and we offer tours, bike shuttle for downhill riding, bikes for rent, camping sites and will be glad to help you planning your vacations.

ruedaslibres@gmail.com
    http://ruedaslibres.com/english-2/

boardguru
    Oct 2009
    St. George or Hurricane Utah. Check out Over the Edge Sports site. Awesome trails.

Professional Slacker
    Jun 2004
    Want to do it right, take a guided tour. Don't balk at the price, it's well worth it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I would second the St George area. With Gooseberry Mesa and Little Creek Mountain near by and many others in the area it's my favorite, including Moab. For tech downhill riding check out Grafton Mesa and Flying Monkey, ultra tech. Search utahmountainbiking.com.
    Went to Sedona this weekend and it is mountain bike heaven with 150+ trails around the area and raw beauty of the area making it an incredible destination. Lodging is expensive. Check Bike and Bean or Mountain Bike Heaven for rentals. Find a local to guide you as many great trails are not on maps.
    agmtb

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by patoama View Post
    You should come to Coatepec, Veracruz in Mexico. One of the best places for mountain biking , eating and having coffe, jusy by Cofre de Perote Mountain over 13,000 ft height.
    It is a small and relaxed mexican town, surrounded by some of the highest mountains of North America, like the Pico de Orizaba (18,500 ft above sea level)
    come and take one of our great xc, all mountain, or downhill tours.

We are a group of local guides and we offer tours, bike shuttle for downhill riding, bikes for rent, camping sites and will be glad to help you planning your vacations.
    I have been there. Coatepec means "snake mountain' in the indigines language right? I was there to kayak but looked like great potential for mountain bikeing. The furthest south I rode was Xilitla. How much singletrack in isn Coatepec?