Well, I'm kind of new in the Ashland area, and this isn't the kind of ride just anyone would want to do, so I haven't been able to find someone who wants to go with me; but if you think you might be interested, I'd be interested in hearing from you! I'm planning on going over Mount Ashland and then working along the ridge line on forest roads heading down to CA96 near Happy Camp. From there probably toward Arcata, and then South, heading West to get over to HWY 1, as soon as I can, and then down the coast to Jenner, where I want to turn East to go toward Santa Rosa, where I'll stop. I'm planning on this taking about a week. It's a little under 500 miles, and it's got a ton of climbing. The start (at least) will be off road on fireroads, but later there will be lots of road. I'm going to be riding my rando bike, and packing very light. Camping all the way, unless I can find a couchsurf or something along the way. If you're interested you can check out my blog at: ramblernotes.blogspot.com where I'll soon have a post up about the Mt. Ashland section, and if you're really interested, let me know and I'll email you some potential routes. I'm planning on leaving in the next two weeks. I look forward to hearing from anyone who's interested!