mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Looking for information for future Reno/Sacramento ride

Can anyone help? Myself and a buddy are heading out to Reno March 28th-30th...trying to ride a little bit before the National Club Volleyball tournament in Reno.

We are staying between Reno and Sacramento, renting a car and planning on renting some bikes. I have a couple questions, any give me ideas.

1st...Need a bike shop that rents higher end bikes, like the Bronson or Mach 6 or similiar. We would want to rent out of Reno, so any ideas would be great...looking at renting most likely Friday night to Sunday afternoon.

2nd...more related to the first. Does any of the bike shops rent bike racks? Roof racks in paticular? Or is it in my best interest to rent a Minivan and have all the storage inside for 2 bikes and gear?

3rd...Trails. I know it depends on the weather of where we might be able to ride. Here in Minnesota we dont ride alot of evelation changes, so that is not a huge want. Looking for more of a mid level trails that wont kill us, but technical is ok. We ride alot of rocks/tree sections here....so any ideas either in Reno or North of Sacramento.

Please let us know....open to riding with people as well...Thanks!!

mtbr dismember
    Auburn is between Sacramento and Reno and the trails are great right now. Lot's of photos, maps, etc. on my website.

mtbr member

If Reno doesn't have what you need in the way of rentals, I'd check Lake Tahoe. It's basically on your way, and IIRC, there are a number of places that rent bikes there. I suspect Lake Tahoe is more likely to have what you are looking for than Reno. Lots of good riding around Lake Tahoe too.
    ISO: 22" GT Rebound frame, year 2000 model