mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Long Weekend in Asheville...Cabin Rentals

Suggestions for cabin rentals for 6-10 uglys for long weekend of riding around Asheville? Ideally would be central to town and trails. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Check out Avondale Ridge

We're cyclists in Asheville and with VacationInAsheville, cabin and vacation rentals in the Asheville area. A great house for cyclists (Road or Mountain bike) is Avondale Ridge, bordering the Blue Ridge Parkway and about 10 minutes to downtown Asheville and about 10 min to Bent Creek Recreational area. Reservation office, 9 am to 7 pm daily, 828 994-2627. Asheville Mountain Vista also a great location for you.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Thank you. I will take a look at the website.

I hit Bent Creek while I was there in November...Great!
    What are the other must ride areas that we need to hit while in town?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    DuPont State Forest is about a 45 min to 1 hour drive from Asheville (amazing!), and I love an area of Pisgah National Forest near the fish hatchery and near Brevard, NC - lots of great rides from there and from the stables near the ranger station - this area is about 35 miles or about 45 minutes from Asheville (Fish hatchery rides: Cove Creek or Caney Bottom, Pickelseimer fields, Daniel Ridge). And of course, Bent Creek which is very close by. Lots of people really like the Tsali loops, about an hour drive, and an area I haven't explored yet, about 45 minutes away is Hot Springs. Good Mountain Bike shops in town, Chainheart, Hearns, Liberty, ProBikes, Youngblood.

Only 525,600 minutes/year
    Hey also check out this cabin. It's 15 minutes to Pisgah National Forest and 15 minutes to DuPont. Mention this post and get 10% off.

Cabin Rental Brevard, NC

Thanks,
    Mike