mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Italy/Lake Garda

My wife and I are planning a vacation to Italy this summer for our 15th anniversary. We are thinking about staying somewhere at Lake Garda and doing some mountain biking. Anyone been to Lake Garda who might have some recommendations about where to stay, places to rent bikes, etc.?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I was in Varese in 2009 for work and on the weekend headed over to Cogne, about 3 hours from Varese, and hiked in the mountains around there, but they did have some mountain biking tours available if you had prearranged them. Making arrangements is a lot easier stateside rather than once you get over there.

Looking around I also found this http://dolomitesport.com/2010/08/mou...es-sellaronda/

Though a bit more pedestrian, I still want to do a bike tour of Tuscany.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Hi there
    I was at Lake Garda two times. It's one of the Top-Spots for Mountainbiking in Europe&Italy with tons of Trails. It's also wonderful for hiking, windsurfing etc. If you stay in Riva or Arco you'll find two wonderful little villages with lots of italian charme. I'm sure you'll find some shops for rent bikes & get more useful information. Below you find some links which may help. About the weather: In summer it can get really hot, along the hills you will get grilled. I was there for climbing in July and we could only do so in the morning or late afternoon. Midday you better go swimming in the Lake.
    I did about 4 Trails and all of them where pretty difficult for my style of riding. A lot of stony and steep stuff, very unlike the smooth trails I found all over the states. But i'm sure there's other stuff.
    Ok, hope this helped a little, have fun..

Claudio

www.mountaingardabike.com
    www.gardatrentino.it