YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO

Ideas for traveling with full face helmet on airplane

Any ideas on traveling with a full face helmet.
    Thinking of getting a rolling travel case thats for motos. Some have compartments for helmets but was wondering how protective they are.
    Should I check in or carry on?
    Any ideas or experience would be appreciated.
    Thank's
    GoGo
    Yes, Monday and Tuesday are now no longer weekdays. Trust me. LP.
    No Rep
    No Problem
    Banned For Boobies WTF?

mtbr member
    Just wear it, bonus points for posting for helmet cam footage boarding your plane.
    Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

Obi
    mtbr member
    I'm out on this one b/c I always used a moto case when i had one, even now with my Xen I use the spare helmet pod a customer threw my way.

Scorpion or Harley cases are ok, but don't protect overly well for impacts, they're basically a fabric shell. Check out the Fox MX Helmet cases, they look like oversized bowling ball bags..for that matter, find a bowling ball bag?
    You have given out too much Positive Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
    Awesome!

YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC
    Just wear it, bonus points for posting for helmet cam footage boarding your plane.
    Me thinks this is the best idea.
    Just don't want any terrorist BS from the TSA.
    If I can wear it, you know I'll get some footage.
    Yes, Monday and Tuesday are now no longer weekdays. Trust me. LP.
    No Rep
    No Problem
    Banned For Boobies WTF?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Not sure if I'm missing the deadline for your trip, but I've taken my full-face helmet on a few ski trips and never had a problem.

Use a bag big enough that, were your helmet able to float, there would be room on all sides were it suspended in the middle of the bag. I usually put a couple sweatshirts underneath it (or something equally soft), stuff the helmet with smaller items like socks that don't mind being wadded up and stuffed, and then pack around the helmet as you fill the bag. That way, as you try to maximize utilized space in all your bags (to prevent extra baggage fees...), you don't waste the interior volume of the helmet, as you would in some specialized carrying containers. As well, you don't need to bring an extra bag/box to protect your helmet in that all that clothing you're bringing anyway is stuffed neatly around the helmet, doing the same job as whatever material lines the carrying bag/box.

Hope it helps.

mtbr member
    I've always just strapped it to my carry-on bag and never had any issue.