mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Be that guy that did it first

Shred Mendocino Ca single track and have to tell how good it was to ride there to all your riding buddies. Come when it's hot everywhere else and ride all day under the canopy of redwoods on tight twisty single track through lush green forests on the ocean, filled with Abalone and Salmon. We are already a world class tourist destination with 101 things to keep all family and friends busy with new and unique things to experience. Riding here is for those who don't want crowds because we just don't have that many riders and lose trails because they grow closed from none use. We have 200,000 acres of public and private industrial forests to ride in. Plan on at least three days of riding to get a sense of what it's like to ride here, a week would be best.We ride year round the ocean moderates the temps but it does rain here, it is a rain forest. Anyway this is just a heads up to those who like to ride with that care free frame of mind where you are welcome to enjoy the trails and the ales and all that goes with an adventure in a new ride destination.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Be that guy that did it first-pic_0196.jpg  

mtbr member
    What are your suggested rides in Mendecino?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Caspar first

Quote Originally Posted by dump View Post
    What are your suggested rides in Mendecino?
    At least a couple of laps then onto Jiro Land and Endo and Oh No and Boiler that would be an excellent sampler. That would be about three hours worth.There are tracks on Strava and a map available thru Mendobikesprite. The best way is to ride with me.
    Last edited by Mendobikesprite; 11-26-2012 at 01:38 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I've ridden with Jesse-aka Mendobikesprite, several times a year for the last 5 years and have yet to do the same ride twice. Caspar is California's best redwood forest riding and Jesse is the best to show someone around. Just sayin....

banned
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendobikesprite View Post
    Shred Mendocino Ca single track and have to tell how good it was to ride there to all your riding buddies. Come when it's hot everywhere else and ride all day under the canopy of redwoods on tight twisty single track through lush green forests on the ocean, filled with Abalone and Salmon. We are already a world class tourist destination with 101 things to keep all family and friends busy with new and unique things to experience. Riding here is for those who don't want crowds because we just don't have that many riders and lose trails because they grow closed from none use. We have 200,000 acres of public and private industrial forests to ride in. Plan on at least three days of riding to get a sense of what it's like to ride here, a week would be best.We ride year round the ocean moderates the temps but it does rain here, it is a rain forest. Anyway this is just a heads up to those who like to ride with that care free frame of mind where you are welcome to enjoy the trails and the ales and all that goes with an adventure in a new ride destination.
    Same here...I live in a small resort town with some great local trails...some singletrack in my home trails:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Be that guy that did it first-wb5.jpg  

Be that guy that did it first-tuesday_001.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Man that looks good!

Where are you located? New is always good. Fishing is a plus!

banned
    Mar 2005
    Wasaga Beach, Ontario. Arguably the best cycling area east of the Rockies. I've got 100km of singletrack out my back door, plus all of the trails in Collingwood within a 10 minute drive. Even DH with gondola service.

100's of km of road along the Niagara Escarpment as well.

Cycling is the new golf for retiring Boomers up here. The golf resorts are going bankrupt but you see more high end road and XC bikes every year.

Salmon and trout run every August-October...we're getting 30lb Chinook and Atlantic salmon in the river every fall.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SPINSTOKED View Post
    I've ridden with Jesse-aka Mendobikesprite, several times a year for the last 5 years and have yet to do the same ride twice. Caspar is California's best redwood forest riding and Jesse is the best to show someone around. Just sayin....
    Thanks for the feedback all. I'll be sure to look up Mendobikesprite next time I'm in town.

banned
    Mar 2005
    Looks like this on the river today...trails are toast until April.

Packing the bikes, heading to Florida in 5 weeks. Back in May!

5 minutes ago:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Be that guy that did it first-tues1.jpg  

Be that guy that did it first-tues2.jpg  

Be that guy that did it first-tues3.jpg  

No Stranger to danger....
    ''Be that guy who did it first''

Thats why im fond of virgins............

Sorry, carry on...
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....