mtbr member
    Jan 2004

google maps app?

Heading out to a trail system for first time that has a good amount of trails. I've downloaded and printed a copy of the trail map but was wondering if there's a "downloadable" map that i can use in Google maps or something seeing that I probably won't have a data signal out there.

Does this kind if thing even exist for phones (iphone/android)? I know for something like Garmin for hikers and stuff but was hoping for mobile app or something for bikers.

Going to Santos in Ocala, Fl. Thus also would've been handy in Moab a few years ago...
    02 Giant NRS
    05 Giant VT
    08 Specialized StumpJumper
    11 Giant Reign (converted to 27.5)
    14 Giant Trance 27.5

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Santos is a great system off trails, but I have not found any app. But since I have been riding there regularly for the past month and a half I don't need a map at all now. Stop and ask people they almost all are super friendly.
    Cheers!!

If you are going to be around for a few days I could show you around as well. just let me know when you will be around, chances are I will be there a ton this weekend.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thinking of Memorial Day weekend early Saturday morning. My buddy and I are heading to Disney with our families and we have been wanting to ride Santos but never got around to it. Not sure about your skill level of riding or cardio... I wouldn't want to slow you down. Have you ever ridden Alafia (Tampa) or Markham (Weston)?
    02 Giant NRS
    05 Giant VT
    08 Specialized StumpJumper
    11 Giant Reign (converted to 27.5)
    14 Giant Trance 27.5

mtbr member
    There is a way, select a random point ( or points along your route, and when the bubble pops up giving you the location/address, click on the bubble (with the newly defined address) and select "pre-cache map area"it will download a 10 mile radius of that location to your phone

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2